My new rescue Dexter

Thread: My new rescue Dexter

Mr.Dexter is offline Junior Member

DefaultMy new rescue Dexter

He will be 2 in July this year 2012. Rescued him from a back yard and no human contact. He has adapted well!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Babies in Heaven...until we meet again sweeties

GiGi Girl - Loving Mommy (Known for carrying her stuffed penguin around - she never chewed the penguin for 14 years!!!)
    10-25-1997 - 07-02-2011
    Vinny Boy - The Silly Son - 1/2 Golden/Lab (Known for always carrying 2 tennis balls in his mouth even while sleeping and yes pooping!!!)
    11-01-1998 - 10-25-2011

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaykay is offline Senior Member

hes gorgeous! thanks for rescuing!!
    Kristin

jayson

laika

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

A stunning Lab!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mr.Dexter is offline Junior Member

DefaultLost 2 dogs last year to cancer so Dexter also rescued me!

I was so devastated after my loss of my golden of 14 years and her son of 13 years (1/2 lab/golden). Mom Gigi died first then 3 months later I lost her boy Vinny. 2011 was a tough year for our family.

Another doggie to adopt was on our mind after our major loss although it to be a rescue for sure. We thought we would take much time to find but after a hunt on the internet for a Labrador Retriever I found Dexter a few months after we lost Vinny. The owners kept Mr. Dexter in the backyard without and human contact except for feedings. Dexter did grow up with 2 Rotts so he did have mostly doggie interaction and does well with all dogs today. At first any thing that moved he would get so excited to see we could not control him. He was like a whale jumping up to reach out to get closer to the human or doggie on approach. With much effort we can now get him to sit on command and stay when there are things that excite him. Lots of doggie park visits and walking on a leash and practicing with him got us to gain control of the excitable Mr. Dexter. He is such a smart, loving dog and so very willing to please us. Dexter does not replace my babies in heaven, but I do believe my babies would approve of Dexter in our lives, or maybe my babies helped me find him . Dexter is my own private therapy doggie when I'm in need for a hug!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Babies in Heaven...until we meet again sweeties

GiGi Girl - Loving Mommy (Known for carrying her stuffed penguin around - she never chewed the penguin for 14 years!!!)
    10-25-1997 - 07-02-2011
    Vinny Boy - The Silly Son - 1/2 Golden/Lab (Known for always carrying 2 tennis balls in his mouth even while sleeping and yes pooping!!!)
    11-01-1998 - 10-25-2011

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Awww, that is so sweet and I have no doubt your Gigi and Vinny do approve! Dexter is a very handsome guy, welcome!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

He is a beauty !
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3