What 25lbs looks like

Thread: What 25lbs looks like

Harleys Momma is offline Junior Member

DefaultWhat 25lbs looks like

I dont typically post much here but a while back I posted about my lab who was overweight with some aggression issues. She is done loosing weight (just shy of a year) and I thought I would post an update on how she looks for those who had suggestions for me.

Mid Aug. of 2010 at 78lbs. On Pedigree dog food, she had a HORRIBLE and DISGUSTING coat (no one even wanted to touch her it was so gross, even after a bath) Shes approx. 20/21inches tall:

And as of yesterday, shes down to a nice trim 53lbs. She eats kirkland dog food and fish oil pills have done WONDERS to her coat:

*sorry about the quality, my camera is about to die and wouldnt get a good shot for anything yesterday but at least you can see body shape.
    and this is an above shot of her from last week (she had just been running around playing with my other dog so shes panting pretty good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

This one is from a month or 2 ago but it gives you a better idea of what her coat looks like now, since you cant see it in the shot I took yesterday (shes also modeling her new CollarMania collar she got):

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Wow what a difference.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Holy Moly! Her coat looks terrific!!

Thank you! You can definitely see an improvement in her. Shes obviously happier now to have that extra weight gone. I also put her on some joint supplements just in case the added weight did anything to her joints.
    The better dog food (if we could afford even better Id love to up the quality even more but our boy needs high quality because of his sensitive stomach and it would be to much to have them both on that for now, but down the road I plan to up the quality of her food as well) but even the Kirkland made a huge improvement over the pedigree she was on and the adding in the fish oil, it has just done wonders for her coat. She still doesnt have a 'normal' coat, it still has a strange texture to it but its do-able. People dont mind touching her now, before you could literally watch people touch her once and then stop and avoid doing it again at all costs. I always recommended patting her head as opposed to rubbing and her head was the least nasty part of her before.

We are hoping to get a walky dog soon and start taking her on runs with the bike, tone her up a bit. My husband already does it with our other dog but because of Indys dog aggression my husband does not feel comfortable riding a bike and holding her leash as she lunges at other dogs. So until then we cant do it (hes given it a few tries and no matter how worn out and tired she is from jogging she still finds energy to lunge at dogs) but hopefully soon!

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

Wow - what a difference! Good job and her weight and her coat looks lovely.

deidra is offline Senior Member

That is a big difference! She looks great.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Thank you everyone!
    I'm interested in seeing how she handles summer this year. She's mostly and outdoor dog (cannot settle down inside for long unless she's crated and I prefer to not crate her for to long since she's high energy) so I'm sure loosing that much fat will make her much more comfortable as it heats up.