Bought us a Christmas Present

Thread: Bought us a Christmas Present

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultBought us a Christmas Present

I sprung for the Steppin Up Series by Terri Arnold - all three books - $99 minus a $15 coupon. Not a bad deal. I needed something new to help me "go back to square one" with Emilu and retrain some things. So far I likey. I also ordered a beginning "Dancing with your dog" book - I'm fasinated by this and I know Emilu would like it. I'm one of those people who like to take classes though, and there is NOTHING at all near us. I'm not sure about competitions either - and I like competing! (not sure if Emilu does though).

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Bought us a Christmas Present

Nice!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Great gifts! I'm sure you will enjoy them

Dog dancing... I've just never had the desire. I will do just about anything with my dogs, but compete doing dances with them, no way. I watch folks doing it and I'm embarrassed for them (around my parts it's mostly old ladies like me). I think it's cute if a kid does it though.

But heh, if it's your cup of tea, go for it

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cool!

patm is offline Senior Member

Dog dancing... I've just never had the desire. I will do just about anything with my dogs, but compete doing dances with them, no way. I watch folks doing it and I'm embarrassed for them (around my parts it's mostly old ladies like me). I think it's cute if a kid does it though.
    Hee Hee! you're right Linda - I always thought it was neat, but I actually watched a competition on the TV the other day, and I must admit I felt little embarrased just watching it. Older women looiking kind of silly with their dogs ( ummmmm - not to different from dog shows if you think about it ) But I think the Emilu will really get a kick out of it - she likes "tricks" and hand lures beautifully - it seems like it will be right up her alley.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Well I do give those folks credit for having the guts to get out there and do it. I just couldn't do it. Then again, I was never a dancer type anyway. I'm too klutzy. I'll play sports, but not dance. Go figure

Are you talking about "freestyle"? I think it is fun to watch if they are good. I saw a competition on Animal Planet a week or so ago. On the good teams, the handlers were former dancers or skaters and were in very good shape so they didn't look too silly. My husband thinks it would be so cool if I did that with our dog. Are you kidding? I almost fell over my feet doing doing the three steps backwards in rally last week. I don't think so! The most I will do of that might be an ARF (Agility, Rally, Freestyle) class in C-WAGs. They set up courses that include a little of all three but mostly rally stations. In any case, practicing it at home where no one can see would be fun.