It's All About The Money... or lack thereof....

Thread: It's All About The Money... or lack thereof....

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultIt's All About The Money... or lack thereof....

I'm getting really bummed out. I have three trials that have deadlines in the middle of January. It sucks. My entry fees for these three trials will be around $600.00 for two dogs to show.

My truck insurance is due in January.

My property taxes are due in January.

I don't know where I'm going to find the money. Even scrimping and saving, I don't think I'm going to get to enter all the classes I want / need to enter.

I hate being poor.

rant rant rant rant rant

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: It's All About The Money... or lack thereof....

The DOES suck - and 2 dogs are more expensive to show than one, for sure! I have a couple of extra bills due in Janurary too, and the credit card is a little higher than I'd like due to Christmas. I hope you can find a way to swing it if they are shows that you really want to go to.

Blow off the taxes!

Seriously, maybe you show one instead of two in for these trials. Take turns with the two dogs.

You know, Miles is approaching 3 and his "momma" will be having her last litter this spring and I keep thinking of "puppy", then I start thinking about doubling these expenses. I know I'd want to do as much with the second dog as I do with the one.

Thanks for reminding me to wait

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Yeah I'm looking at that this year too..Cedar is ready to be entered in both agility and obedience/rally shows and having the 2 of them really adds up fast...

brody is offline Senior Member

it's tough to balance things for sure but I have to say I'm chuckling at the definition of poor (having a house to pay tax on, a truck to insure and all the other things we all spend money on)

I would love to be able to show in the trials I'd like too - but I have to set priorities about spending money as well

wouldn't it be cool to be stinkin' rich - at least for a little bit!

http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't whine so much. My truck is paid for. My house is paid for. My dogs, horse, cat are all healthy for the moment, as am I. Things could be worse. I have plenty of food to eat as well.

But yes, it would be nice to be stinkin rich just for a little while so I could run off to shows every weekend

I'm probably going to have to show Ruger only one day in Rally classes (going for RAE, but really not... we really use that time to keep him happy in the ring as we continue to try for the UD.)

Thanks for helping me put things in perspective.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

And people make fun of me when I have my entries in so early. I know what shows I want to do and will set the money aside and then do entries as soon as I can. I have my entries done through the end of January all ready. I've had them in since the end of November. Might be first dog in the ring but oh well!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

I enter early too. Usually. I have to plan my weekends. :whatever:

I know your pain! I am going to try and get Hoss back into obedience and go on in his hunt tests next year, and go for Kodi's UDX. The hunt tests are $60-65 each, and can have a 50-70% failure rate!

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Yeah, we're poor too. I am scrapping the January show because I am afraid to lose the entry fees with the show being 2 1/2 hr. away and the chance of snow likely. I am going to have to stick to my guns about 1 dog a show. It's easier that way anyway, but at least then I can feel like I am going to all the shows, but keep the entry fees down by only having 1 dog entered.