Quick Intro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Intro

DefaultQuick Intro

Hello there! Although I am not new to Just Labradors, I have been absent for a long time so thought I would quickly introduce myself.

My name is Ann and my yellow lab, Miles, is almost 3. I started coming to just labs after I left the puppy deposit 3 years ago and I was prepping to bring home a puppy. Since then, my time to post on a forum decreased, between the puppy and my return to college. Computer time is pretty much taken up with homework.

Anyway, I am between semesters now and love to talk labs. Miles and I have done lots of rally and plan to go for the CD in 2009. We are also going to start agility. Mostly for fun, I don't think I have a fast dog here , but I think it will be fun and will be good for us as we enter the stoic world of AKC obedience.

I have met Susan and Caleb at a number of events.

Anyway, I hope I am not too busy during the winter term to stop in, but I am sure I will be able to pop in from time to time.

It is nice to meet you all.

Ann & Miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Quick Intro

Welcome to the "obedience" section Ann. Miles is a good looking boy - did you get him from Grandriver? Where are you located?

debjen is offline Senior Member

Hi and welcome..regarding agility don't worry about whether your dog is fast or not..Riley was not fast at all and has quite a few blue ribbons from agility because he was consistent and ran clean..where other dogs were fast but made mistakes..*G*G*G*

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

It was great to see you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to be seeing more of you at the local trials!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Welcome Ann and Miles ......... looking forward to getting to know you.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Thanks everyone! Patm, I am located in Chesterland OH, just Southeast of Cleveland. I did get Miles from Grand River Labrabors in Orwell.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Welcome, sounds like you are having fun with Miles, and that's what its all about!

I do agility. My dogs aren't that fast either, but sometimes consistency is MUCH better for getting Q's than speed is. I've beat more than a few border collies because my guys stay with me on course and don't make the errors the BC's make in their haste.

Looking forward to hearing more about your showing and training adventures!

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone!

Also, I got some very sweet kisses from Micah at the Crown Classic last Thursday!

By the way, thanks for the words of encouragement on the agility. I want to do it because I think it will be alot of fun and Miles will love it. I was afraid people would shake their heads saying "she wants to do agility with him???" LOL

Anyway thanks.

Now, here we go. "chaching!!!" Speaking of expenses. Now 2 training classes each week....

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Hi Ann - I don't know if we've met but I'm also from the Cleveland area - west though - Bay Village. When I saw Grand River I knew you had to be fairly close. I have 3 yellow labs - my oldest guy is 13 - has an RAE2 - I don't show him anymore. My husband and I share our middle guy - his name is Shamrock. My husband shows him in Obedience - he has a UDX and a half. I show him in Agility and Rally. Agility is great fun but takes work too. I finally feel like we've come together as a team - and I finally relaxed - sort of - to just enjoy it. My puppy is 18 mos old - starting in Obedience and Agility and I occasionally hold out hope for Tracking one day. So welcome and I look forward to meeting you in person some day soon. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast