Calling all peeps who post/read/lurk here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all peeps who post/read/lurk here

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultCalling all peeps who post/read/lurk here

Where is everybody? Nobody training or showing anymore? I miss us! Me and the dogs have taken a break from training for the holidays (Nov and Dec). After some awful performances by Emilu in Open - 4 NQ's from freezing in the ring and basically looking like a deer in the headlights, I am trying to decide what we should do. We will continue to get RAE legs, and I might go back to Novice with her in obedience. I will also try to find some matches to attend so she can get some pratice in a more formal ring-like setting. I also need to consider the fact that we might have reached Emilu's limit to showing. Not because she doesn't know the stuff, but because of her nervousness and reactivity - When I started thinking about adding a second "drug" to her to help her in the ring, I thought "Whoa there Nellie! Do you really want to show a poor dog who has to literally be drugged to get through the ring?" So we'll see....... As for Skippy - I still want to try to get his RN - he can do it too - I just need to get him out more for training and pick his shows carefully. We'll be back to regular training in January. What's everyone else been up too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Calling all peeps who post/read/lurk here

Yah I miss us too
    but haven't had any agility work in AGES
    haven't trained, haven't done a class, workshop or seminar or NOTHINK at all
    have barely asked Sally to do the occasional nose touch - haven't even used wait now that I think about it ...yikes

I want to get back to it - but need the smoke that is my life to clear a bit first probably (tho I spent quite awhile last night looking for trials in the usa )
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Aww, I agree Pat, more postings peoples!!

Peanut continues to do awesome-ly in agility. She had dog walk issues and we're over those, then teeter issues and we're over those, now she's having some weave pole issues at the removal of the guide wires, but improving, so I have hope! My goal is to get her into some low level trials this summer. More importantly though, she is LOVING it.

I'm sort of focusing on retrieving work with Baloo right now, we're having a little "training day" tomorrow with birds, and then again next sunday. In between training days we're doing some bumper work with a wing attached, and so far so good. My goal is to use R+ almost exclusively (little pet project of mine... ) in training him, and just see how far we get with it. So far, FUN!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

We're still competing in Utility and Open with Kona and Rally novice B with Bo.

Today I showed Kona ........ NQ in utility for the signals and directed jumping but he was awesome on what we did qualify on ........... a total of 1 point off. Open we had a 190 1/2 and Kona was having a great time retrieving his DB!!!

We will show again tomorrow in the same classes and Bo will show in rally Sunday night.

I have entered some shows in Jan and March and am considering some in Feb. The future plans/goals are to go back to field training and work on getting a JH on both dogs. I am also considering tracking for Kona. Bo will stick with Rally novice B until I have faith he won't pounce on some unsuspecting judge or steward!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

kaytris is offline Senior Member

We've been on semi hiatus as well.. Soph and I have done a couple demos for a local k9 sports team at fairs and community events, so we've been keeping our toes in (and she's doing SUPER at handling the crowds and staying focussed.

We're waiting for the first local CPE trial, and maybe we'll try AAC again. Not sure.

Henry has been on mini-hiatus since Ollie came home (conflict between Henry's Open classes and Ollie's Kinderpuppy classes) but come January, it's back to Open for Henry and Ollie starts Competitive Puppy 1 with Marie Sawford, along with his handling classes!!

I'm soooo excited about Comp Puppy!! This is what we'll be doing in Comp Puppy 1:
    Lay foundation for the novice and open class. Skills taught include tuck sits, heel position, recalls, back drops, finishes, introduction to dumbell, jumping, sit and down stays. Includes lots of games to keep training interesting and fun for you and your puppy.
    and in Comp Puppy 2:
    Review and build on the foundation skills from Competition Puppy Level 1as your puppy continues to grow. Focus on utility foundation skills such as; sit, down and recall signals, go-outs, directed jumping and more games.
    I'd like to try Henry in the Open ring at some point in 2009, as well as try for his Canadian WC (he got his American WC last year) and for his JH. I'd love for Ollie to try for his WCs as well! Lofty goals, but I think we can do it!!!!

I'm thinking that rally advanced is out for Henry, so we'll be concentrating on obedience and fieldwork. With Ollie, I'd like to do conformation, obedience, rally and fieldwork! It's gonna be a busy year!!

debjen is offline Senior Member

We've been doing some obedience, rally and agility training but no shows until sometime next year..All the shows are on the other side of the mountains and I don't like going over them in winter...will probably be off from training for the next few weeks over the holiday's...

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

We've been busy with 7 new black babies here! Born 11/30, 5 girls, 2 boys :-*
    Sire: Intl CH Merganser's Hi-Rollin Hudson CD MH CC "Hudson"
    Dam: Intl CH WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX RA JH NA NAJ CC "Mata"
    OFA hips/elbows/heart clear, CERF annually, EIC clear, CNM clear on both
    PRA Optigen Clear for Hudson
    Anne & Mata
    Attached Images Attached Images

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Kodi and I have been "on vacation" also for November and December, while I deer hunt. In January we are back at it again, and I am even going to get Hoss back into obedience (EGADS!). We'll see. This year I'd like to get Kodi's UDX, and maybe a few OTCH points and with Hoss his HR, SH, RAE and maybe a CD. If UKC Rally really does happen, I'll probably take the crew through that also.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Been busy gearing up for our Obedience trial the end of January. Remington will be in Rally Advanced (God help us all!!) And Ruger will be in the Utility ring and also Rally Adv and Ex going for a couple more RAE legs.

I have three students who will be entering the Rally ring for the first time at that show as well, so it should be a lot of fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast