Before I send in my application for an event...

Thread: Before I send in my application for an event...

momofalab is offline Senior Member

DefaultBefore I send in my application for an event...

I have a question. I am looking into entering in a 4 day avent. I am going to enroll him in Novice A. I know he needs 3 qualifying rounds, to advance to the next step.

My question, Do I sign up for the 4days, and incase he messes up on one day, I have a grace day, or do I just sign up for 3 days? If I do get the 3 passes, can I move up to the next level that day, and use my 4th day that way?

What would you do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

I'd sign up for all 4
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Ya, sign up for all four days in Novice A. Then if you qualify each day you can bump up to Open on the fourth day if you feel you are ready for Open. If not, go the fourth day in Novice A and relax and enjoy! You may be surprised that when there is not the "pressure" to qualify (you would already have the title) how much more relaxing it is! (At least for me it is!)

If you do move up, be sure you adn your dog are ready for the Open exercises, and not just 'hoping' to qualify.

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, that is what I needed to know! Now off to train the mommy, the boy knows the tricks. I always here that the mistake is the trainer, never the dog

patm is offline Senior Member

You're not talking about Rally are you? If it's rally, you would probably be ready to move up to the next level if you've trained off leash and practiced the advanced signs. If it's Novice and Open, just know if your dog is trained through open and good to go. If not, then just stick to another novice. I'd probably just do 3 days incase I discovererd that my dog and me just couldn't do 4 days in a row.

No, talking about Novice Obedience. There is a 4 day show, his first show I am hoping that he can do it all in 3 shows. If I pay for the 4 shows, I guess it will depend on what I do with that extra show.

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

I agree, I'd enter Nov A all 4 days. Even if he Qs 3 straight days and titles, you can still stay in Nov A for that 4th day if you want and get an "insurance" leg (I thnk you have so many days after he titles before you're required to move out of Nov A)...Or you can move up to Open if you're ready. Good luck!!
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10