Just a tiny little rally brag from yesterday- Monty's 1st time in the rally ring

Thread: Just a tiny little rally brag from yesterday- Monty's 1st time in the rally ring

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust a tiny little rally brag from yesterday- Monty's 1st time in the rally ring

I know that this is VERY basic, but I was excited, regardless! Yesterday at the HDLRC specialty show (right after getting show win photos taken in the middle of a day-long windstorm), Monty earned his first leg toward his RN title with a score of 93 and 2nd place all-breed/2nd place lab. Yay! I have been doing some "puttering" while working on hunt test training, mostly with heel work, and in spite of wanting to sniff the ground and having to remind him to (verbally) "heel" a few different times around the ring, he did pretty darned well!

It wasn't that difficult of a pattern, but there were a couple of fun ones...like the halt-front, back 1 step, back 2 steps, back 3 steps sign. That one went fine because Monty had just come out of the conformation ring where he was standing in front of me ("front") almost the entire time, LOL. Since he'll sit when I tell him sit, and he moves with me when I go backward or forward due to trying to stack him properly in the breed ring, it wasn't difficult but gave a few people some problems.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Just a tiny little rally brag from yesterday- Monty's 1st time in the rally ring

Congrats to you and Monty

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Just a tiny little rally brag from yesterday- Monty's 1st time in the rally ring

You sure did have a great day with Monty! Congrats on all your wins!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Just a tiny little rally brag from yesterday- Monty's 1st time in the rally

Congratulations!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Congratulations!

DefaultRe: Just a tiny little rally brag from yesterday- Monty's 1st time in the rally

Congrats Julie and Monty!!! That's a BIG brag!!

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Congratulations Julie! Isn't rally fun!
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations! Rally is fun, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    ...It wasn't that difficult of a pattern, but there were a couple of fun ones...like the halt-front, back 1 step, back 2 steps, back 3 steps sign...
    Every once in awhile when we do that, Caleb will decide he's had enough and step on my foot after the second sit.