Xpost from LC - Moose came up lame in Novice today UPDATE

Thread: Xpost from LC - Moose came up lame in Novice today UPDATE

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultXpost from LC - Moose came up lame in Novice today UPDATE

Update:
    The vet thought it was his front knee so we put him on Rimadyl and rest for a week and then had a followup Friday. He was actually limping more and it definately seems like his shoulder and not the knee like we originally thought. She did a pretty thourough review and had one of the other vets in the office take a look as well. After xrays, which show no issues it was agreed that it is his shoulder and a soft tissue problem which I was told will take some time to heal. So we are on rest, continued Rimadyl and add'l pain meds for the morning when it seems to be the worst. Right now the air quality is so bad because of the fires so I'm keep them both in with little activity anyway. I really had hopes of finishing the CD and RAE this year, but his health is much more important. So, no classes and lots of rest. Hopefully in a few weeks we will see some improvement, and if not off to the orthovet.

We are trying to get our last elusive leg for our CD and I guess it just isn't to be. Last weekend he did really well until we got to free heel and he started scratching and nothing I said was going to change it. He did great with everything else and found out later he had fleas. So with that taken care of I figured we would be great today. Cool weather, nice location, early morning but no it wasn't to be.

I think, or I know he hit his leg on the jump in Rally Exc (we did take a 3rd), so I think that may have been the problem. When running during the heel on lead the judge stopped us and saide Moose was limping and of course we were excused. And yep, when you run him he limps on his front paw which is what hit the jump.

I'm hoping rest will be sufficient and we can try again tomorrow. Rally is definately out - I don't want to jump him, but would hope we could try for Novice again.

Any suggestions on what I might be able to give him to help?
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Xpost from LC - Moose came up lame in Novice today

Hope he is feeling better today - what did you end up doing?

I stayed home today. It is actually much more pronounced so we will be heading off to the vet as soon as I can get in. I thought it might be his foot, but it looks like it is his shoulder. I just pray it isn't anything serious.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

if it had been just a rap he would be probably be feeling better today - he may have landed funnily because of the rap which strained or pulled something

a really hard rap on a metal fence or something could have bruised his bone but I doubt a obedience fence would be that

keep him quiet - and ood luck figuring out what has happened

hang in there
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dakkerdog
    I stayed home today. It is actually much more pronounced so we will be heading off to the vet as soon as I can get in. I thought it might be his foot, but it looks like it is his shoulder. I just pray it isn't anything serious.
    If it helps any, Mick jarred his shoulder when he was about 8 or 9 months old. A couple of weeks of "quiet time" and anti-inflamitories did the trick. Once healed, it never bothered him again, even in old age. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's the same for Moose.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Keep us posted on how he is doing!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

DefaultRe: Xpost from LC - Moose came up lame in Novice today UPDATE

Update at top