I know it's only the end of October (but I'm at work and procrastinating).
So, two questions.
1) Did you meet your goals for 2008? Why or why not?
2) What are your goals for 2009? Big and little.
Yup, met them for Kodi, and sort of did for Hoss.
Kodi got her CD thru UD, and her JH titles. Hoss, really my goal was to work toward his HR/SH titles. He did get one pass on his HR title.
For 2009, I hope Kodi gets her UDX, UCDX, and UUD. Hoss, I would like to get a CD, HR and SH titles on him.
My goal was to finish Moose's CD and still am hopeful. We have a show Sunday and then both days the next weekend. We only have 1 leg to go!
Next year my goal is to focus on getting him to actually hold the dumbbell without mouthing it. I won't think of anythying beyond that.
Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky
Yes and no. Goal to get another title on Remington, hasn't happened yet.
Have a future goal to finish Ruger's UD... no date to finish it though, it will either happen, or it won't.
Can't remember what my goals were for this year :gum: I imagine that I thought I would get an Open title for Emilu - that didn't happen! I did start to show Skippy, and although my goal was proabably an RN for him - THAT didn't happen either. So for next year:
1. Get an RN on Skippy, or at least a CGC and retire him from showing (since he can't be crated very well, and he gets very anxious when I leave him when we're away from home, he does'nt make a good show dog)
2. Get an Open on Emilu and a few more RAE legs.
3. Start to work on Utility stuff with Emilu.
4. Maybe, just maybe, try for our WC next year for Emilu.
Oh - a revised goal for this year for Emilu - get 1 leg towards her CDX
Finished Hudler's CD....check!
Finished Maddy's RE....check!
I think those were the big ones.
Next year, we want to get closer to finishing Maddy's RAE, get her U-CD, contemplate 'maybe' CDX, I don't know. Grace needs her RA, maybe go for RE. Boys need CGC and RN.
We finished our CD, U-CD, and CDX - and picked up legs in JWW and NA. We did not do our JH/WC- time kind of got away from us.
This year, we'd like to get scores in Open B in the 190+ range consistently. Then we would like to get our UD.
We'd also like to start our RAE and finish our JWW and NA titles.
Riley's goal -couch potato extraordinaire..achieved..same goal for next year
Robbie..tho I would have hoped to have his novice agility titles finished I'm actually happy with his progress in the agility ring he did finally get a leg each in standard and jumpers..but got both his Novice and Open FAST titles..So next year we are going for Excellent FAST and at least his Novice Standard and Jumpers title..In obedience which we don't focus as much on I was happy to finish his RN and get another leg towards his CD..Next year I would like to finish his CD and his advance rally title..we'll start training open obedience but don't know if we'll trial in that or not.
Cedar I didn't have really have any formal plans for him as far as competing but more training and getting him ready to compete..I was afraid I would have to work a lot more on his confidence than I actually had to..He came out of his shell and blossomed so much more quickly than I expected so he did compete in Rally and finished his RN. He also went to his first agility trial (to compete) and got two legs toward his Novice FAST title (the only class he was entered)..so his goal is to compete in agility and get his Novice titles..work on his Advance Rally and if I get Robbie out of Novice obedience to show him in Novice obedience.
He he, that's good to hear Deb! He deserves it.Originally Posted by debjen
I had to pull out my used desk pad (you know one of those big mat things that you can doodle on?). That's where I had my "goals" written down... saved it under my big stack. The results are a bit surprising!
1) Sonya (just turned 2 last week) ended up w/ one extra title as my goals for her were: RN, JH, CD... she finished RA as well.
2) Fuji finished her CDX.
3) Mata did her Intl CH, NA and NAJ. She was bred for her first (performance) litter recently and is currently looking at her food more than eating it. :vomit: Puppies (hopefully) due on Nov 29.
4) Jazzy didn't get her final Q for Open yet but completed NA and NAJ in between heat cycles. This is my very soft (sucky) girl who cycles at 5.5 - 6 mos intervals.. so I decided CDX will wait til she's spayed next year after what is hopefully her 2nd litter in another month... also Nov 29.
5) Sadly, my other goal was a TD for their mom (Sonya's gram), Rosa, but she died of illegal strychnine baiting in Aug. > That would have been for VCD2 SH... so for all of you who don't believe in goals, or think you have forever to do these things w/ your dogs, think again. Rosa was one dog who was very much capable of earning that designation and it just kills me that I didn't finish it.
ETA: Goals for 2009: 1) Raise 2 healthy litters if they both are preggers that is and if I can find an EIC tested clear male I like, I plan to breed Fuji 2) run Mata at SH and finish up her open agility titles, work on the TD, 3) finish jazz's CDX after she's spayed/recovered, 4) train Sonya at SH level, and do CDX and Intl CH, 5) begin raising new puppy!
WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014
with brody I surpassed my goals ...
I only trialled til the first weekend of June at all seriously (did one this summer - one day)
he finished his advanced title, his masters title, qualified for aac nationals (winning 2 ribbons at regionals too in the division old border collies retire too- ack) won his height and division in the CPE nationals
qualified in a steeplechase class and just continued to make my heart bust
my goal with Thea was to take it slow and she's doing that - even as she accumulates the qs
Sally has hardly trialled - but she's earned her first q so that is a huge thing out of the way
I'm not looking to 2009 quite yet ..tho I must soon as it helps me to have concrete goals
“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller