agility instructor...

Thread: agility instructor...

Defaultagility instructor...

I am soooo frustrated right now. My agility instructor is the only one within 50 minutes and is a flake. She owns the club that we all train at.

Two weeks ago, she was 25 minutes late for class because she scheduled classes back to back with no "down" time. So, by the time she got to our class, she was 25 minutes late and we still had to set up/change courses.

Today, our advanced class was supposed to start at 1:30. One of the girls from the 12:30-1:30 class got stuck in traffic and the instructor decided to teach her from 1:30-1:45. Then she started our class at 1:45 and ended it at 2:05 (even though it was supposed to go until 2:30) b/c she wanted to leave for a show.

ARRRGH.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: agility instructor...

Ugh that is frustrating! You have the WORST luck with trainers Laura!! :surprise: Did you say anything?

I'm actually surprised at how much more I like mine this time around. He's really growing on me.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    Ugh that is frustrating! You have the WORST luck with trainers Laura!! :surprise: Did you say anything?

I'm actually surprised at how much more I like mine this time around. He's really growing on me.
    It's the same person. She owns an obedience/agility facility- it's the only place around really for 50 minutes. I now refuse to take obedience from her b/c she lets other trainers and obedience clubs come in to her building- so I just use them instead.

Seems like I need to drive

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

EMA
    EMA is offline Senior Member

Our classes are supposed to be 1 hour long, she's now changed hour slots to 50 minutes. BUT she's notoriously late b/c she gives her students her time, energy, resources and is genuinely concerned with wanting to help everyone and their dogs. I think it is excusable because she gives us the time we need.

Maybe you should have a talk w/ her and ask for a refund for each of you classes that you get cheated on (or pay for the time she gave you). She should not be leaving to a show at 2:05 if she has a class to go until 2:30; BUT starting late, although frustrating..if she gives you the time you deserve, I wouldn't be too hard on her.

Quote Originally Posted by EMA

Maybe you should have a talk w/ her and ask for a refund for each of you classes that you get cheated on (or pay for the time she gave you). She should not be leaving to a show at 2:05 if she has a class to go until 2:30; BUT starting late, although frustrating..if she gives you the time you deserve, I wouldn't be too hard on her.
    I have a HUGE problem with instructors being late. One, she is holding herself out to be a professional. Professionals in any field should strive to be prompt. Two, she is expecting other people to be on time. If I stroll in half hour late and inconvenience everyone else, she's going to find that rude. Three, it's incredibly disrespectful. I have a life outside sitting at her class waiting for her schedule Her main students are retirees and stay at home moms who really don't seem to mind waiting around- but I'm in school full time and work part time- and absolutely cannot drive for a half hour, wait around for a half or more, then get a partial class- then drive back. That's a lot of time wasted in addition to money for the class.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Gosh, sorry to hear your having such problems.

In my classes I schedule enough time so that we have lots of extra time at the end of class if we run over working on stuff.

I also set up my own courses, usually the Wednesday before classes (on the weekend).

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Gosh, sorry to hear your having such problems.

In my classes I schedule enough time so that we have lots of extra time at the end of class if we run over working on stuff.

I also set up my own courses, usually the Wednesday before classes (on the weekend).

I wish i were closer

Dynamicdogs is offline Member

I don't teach agility but I do obedience classes and i always set up the night before or have everything ready so it easily can be put together.
    sorry to hear about your bad luck with trainers. I have had classes run late but I would definitely be making up the time some other way. But with back to back classes I watch the time and pprogress accordingly. You have reasonable expectations and I would at least write her a letter becasue perhaps she doesn't even realise how shes making people feel b/c I am sure you are not the only one that feels that way.
    The dog world can get pretty hectic between shows, matches, classes and breeding. But if you pay for something you derserve to recieve what you paid for.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just piss on it and walk away