Entry Confirmation?

Thread: Entry Confirmation?

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

DefaultEntry Confirmation?

When is it traditional for a club to send out entry confirmations (this club sends them via email)? I'm particularly paranoid this time, because last time I dealt with this club they didn't send out any confirmation at all and acted like it was my fault that I didn't know my schedule/ring time/anything. I got the whole "We sent it out, it's not OUR fault. It's your problem," but they never actually sent it.

They cashed the check already and it cleared within the last few days. Should I recieve confirmation soon? Or are they likely to send out all the confirmations at once closer to the date of the show (show is Nov 8th)?
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Entry Confirmation?

In my last three show, they sent conformation that they received my application as soon as they got in. In the case of my last show, I sent it via snail mail and they sent me an e-mail the next day! The actual show information usually comes only a few days before the trial and I always start getting nervous. Many times I have e-mailed the show secretary( or anyone else in the club who's e-mail I can find) and ask them about it. They have always repsonded promptly.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Every trial I enter usually sends a confirmation very shortly after receiving my entry. Then I get a running order about a week before the trial. All the clubs around here do NOT cash checks until after the trial is held (which really screws with my checking account, oh well 8)

I'd email them to find out if you think you should have it already.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

Oops, I checked and apparently they haven't actually cashed it yet. I saw that the balance had dropped noticeably and figured that's what had done it, turns out that my grocery bill from 4 days ago was the culprit (why it took 4 days to process, I am not sure - it was not a paper check).

I sent it in October 11th, though, so I thought I would have heard something by now. Sending them an email....

Edit: Got a response. "I have received your entry. I normally do not send confirmations until closing." I've always gotten confirmation as soon as the club got my entry with a physical paper mailed to me with my ring times etc after closing. I guess she has her own way of doing things, though.
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Well, at least you know they got it

Whenever I shop at Costco, they wait over a week to cash my check... and there goes my bank account, so I know how groceries can do that to you

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Every trial I enter usually sends a confirmation very shortly after receiving my entry. Then I get a running order about a week before the trial. All the clubs around here do NOT cash checks until after the trial is held (which really screws with my checking account, oh well 8)

I'd email them to find out if you think you should have it already.
    Really! :surprise: Around here, the supers/secy's don't deposit checks til closing. That way if you want to pull your dog, all they have to do is return or shred your check. It may be different if you do it online though. I don't like online ones though use them for hunt tests.

I'm club treas and didn't get the agility trial entry checks til probably a week after closing which made it tight to get them deposited and cleared before the trial. It's way easier to catch up w/ the ones that have "bouncy" checks if you can do it in advance. We were still fine... this time! Seems like we have one check bounce each trial or show weekend any more.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014