I took Ruger to an animal communicator...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I took Ruger to an animal communicator...

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultI took Ruger to an animal communicator...

This was fascinating.  We had an "animal communicator" as a vendor at our trial.  I made an appointment with her on Sunday and took Ruger.  I was skeptical, to say the least, but really wanted to see if she was legit.

WOW, did she nail some things about him.

First, she did a "health" reading, and she kept going to his face/jaw area, telling me she was picking up that way back in his jaw he had stress, like he had excersized the jaw muscles too much.  Ruger is the type of dog that is ALWAYS chewing.  When he has a tennis ball or bumper in his mouth he chews, chews, chews.  I was amazed by her reading from him (and she doesn't not feel or touch the dog much with her hands so she didn't physically feel this in his jaw).  She also said he was having a little bit of trouble seeing with his left eye, it wasn't really that painful, it just wasn't right today (that's the eye we can't get the ulcer clear on, but she didn't know he had ulcers on his cornea).

Then she told me that Ruger was sending her a very clear image of me kicking a soccer ball for another dog.  That he (Ruger) would really like for me to kick that soccer ball for him.  I about fell out of the chair.  I always kick the soccer ball for Remington and throw the tennis ball for Ruger.  There is NO WAY she would have known this, and she was so specific about the ball being a "soccer" ball.  It was amazing.

She also told me that Ruger preferred "crunchy" treats rather than soft treats.  He liked the "bite" of a crunchy treat.

Then she said that Ruger kept sending her an image of me carrying an oval, stainless steel wash bowl, and that he didn't like that water.  I couldn't figure that out as I have no such thing, so she kept asking Ruger for more information (she would close her eyes and concentrate.  Ruger was just being Ruger, looking around at the other dogs, etc, but every once in awhile when she was concentrating, he'd tilt his head and look up into her face, which I thought was amazing as well, I stayed quiet during all of this as I didn't want to give away any information.)  She opened her eyes and said, "he's showing me the kitchen sink, it's stainless (which it is) and he's showing me the sprayer, something with the sprayer."  Again, I said I wasn't getting anything, I never sprayed him with the kitchen sprayer, so she asked him for more information.  She then told me "He's showing me a stainless hose nozzle, and you are spraying another dog and he get's wet and he doesn't like it."  Again, I was blown away!!!  At the pool, Magnum LOVES for me to spray the hose at her, she jumps and bites at the water, and Ruger will run around the pool with his bumper in his mouth, and if he gets wet by the hose, he really doesn't like it!!  Again, there is absolutely NO WAY she could have known this.

She also told me that Ruger enjoys competing but only for the fun of it, and that when I get too serious about it he finds the fun gone and he doesn't want to be there anymore (that's why he shuts down on the courses).  Now, that one didn't really blow me away as it was pretty generic and could go for just about any dog 

But all in all, it kinda made me a believer.  And I will be kicking the soccer ball for Ruger and feeding him more "crunchy" treats, and trying my best not to let the hose spray on him when I play with Magnum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I took Ruger to an animal communicator...

Cool!! What a neat experience. I wonder what Baloo would have to say about me....
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

patm is offline Senior Member

When I first read your post title, I thought "I can't believe Linda would go for that", but then I saw that you really just wanted see what would happen. That is way cool! She sounded like she could really "talk" with Ruger somehow. I'd love to see what my dogs would have to say. Who was she?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Her name is Barbara Rawlson. She lives here locally (in Charleston). I had heard many good things about her. And yes, I was very skeptical, but I wanted to just see if she could really tell anything. So it was kind of an experiment, but it really nailed a few things about my Ruger, so much so that I had wished to do it with Magnum and Remington too but couldn't afford to (it was $20.00 a pop, and she was booked pretty solid all weekend long).

She was really nice, explaining how the dogs don't really "talk" to her, but they send images to her and sometimes they aren't clear (such as the stainless wash basin ending up being a stainless hose nozzle).

Anyway, it was a fun thing to do. One of my students took her dog as well and she nailed that the dog was fearful of loud noises, and she told her it was because of when she was young a man with a motorcycle scared her (the dog was a rescue, so who knows if that was true or not). But she told her a few other things about the dog as well that Coby (my student) said were dead on. That's when I decided to take a dog and see, and apparently a LOT of other people did too

Oh, and this was funny, everytime she'd close her eyes to do the "health reading" she'd really start salivating. She laughed and said it was because he was very "food driven" (of course, a Lab!!) She got a good chuckle out of her own salivating, telling me that if she started to actually drool, she apologized. She was cool

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Interesting. A friend of mine has a communicator she knows "talk" to Caleb. Not much came out. We know he likes to compete but doesn't like the stress. My friend wanted to try to get help with Caleb's go-outs and all she said was he didn't totally understand the exercise and that is why he was stressing. Not much new for us.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

I took one of my pups (Max, who I kept for a year when he was a pup) to an animal communicator about 5 months before he was to go to his new home. I too was skeptical, and not even really convinced when I left. One of the questions I asked her was why Max was afraid to enter water without wading a lot first.

She said that he could not see the bottom and was afraid. Max kept using the word "Map". So she suggested that the next time he was at the water's edge, I should tell him that I had "Mapped It Out" and that it was safe. Well, it was December, so I figured that she was pretty safe in saying that, since previously in our conversation, I told her Max was leaving in May.

So, the next night, I was at my neighbor's house and trying to get Max to go down a stairway (he had issues with stairs). I trying coaxing him down, I tried bribing him down, I tried carrying him down, I tried dragging him down. He would have nothing to do with it. So as a last resort, I said, "Max, I mapped it out, it is safe. I have mapped it all out." Without hesitation, Max went up and down the stairs several times, with out even being told.

Actually kinda freaked my neighbor and I out! "Map" is not a word I used often, and certainly not in any training situation.

Early in the conversation, (first question) I asked if Max knew who Sid was. (His owner, who had me keep him for his first year). Max "said" Yes, that he was going to live with Sid. I asked does Max know when? Max "said" (animal communicator kept seeing) "Christmas" that Max thought he was a Christmas puppy. I told the lady, no, that actually it was going to be May probably. Sid's wife was dying of a brain tumor, and their old 15 year old dog was dying of jaw cancer. Sid could not deal with a new puppy with all that other stress in his life.

Both Sid's wife and their dog died just after Christmas.....Did Max know? (edit to add....the wife was trying very hard to hold out until April...Her and Sid's anniversary)

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

For $20 a pop, I would have done it too just to see. I had a friend do it once, and I remember she was telling me that the communicator told her that her dog hoped she would get a new car soon because she couldn't see out of the one she currently had. It made absolutely NO SENSE to her until she got home. She has acreage with horses, and when she was out at the barn with the pick-up, the dog will always stand up on the front seat, and get in the way, and my friend will yell at him to sit down because she can't see. It finally dawned on her that must have been what the dog was communicating...

I find this really fascinating...thanks for sharing!!

Cool!!! I'm curious to see what Henry would have to "say"!

Garth is offline Registered Users

Can you tell her to come to Aussie & pay me a visit?. I'd love to know what my 2 really have to say. That's weird though. Almost like a K9 psychic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast