A new Utility dog!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new Utility dog!!!

DefaultA new Utility dog!!!

Kodi earned her Utility title today in style and with a first place! Wheee!!!

While the score was not admirable (188), she had soooo much enthusiasm, that she lost all her points on her fronts. Kodi bounced up on me and nearly knocked me down several times. On the directed jumping, she had one no front, (she bounced off me and came to a finish, and had a VERY crooked front on the other.

But that is o.k., I'd rather have that off the wall enthusiasm, than the shut downs I saw so much of this weekend. Kodi could very easily become a shut down dog under stress, that I am going over board in trying to geek her up right now. We'll never go back to the "A" classes, so now we need to work on a lot of polish. It will be MArch at least before we start on her UDX.

So, that makes from Novice thru Utility in 7 months! and all legs with placements!!

Kodi may now be known as;

SHR UCD GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle's Kodiak Dreamweaver UD RAE JH TT WC CGC

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A new Utility dog!!!

congratulations
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

patm is offline Senior Member

Novice thru Utility in 7 months? All placements?! Emilu and I bow down to your superiority! Now please tell me - how did you get her to keep the excitement? We're working with shut-down on this side.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

With Kodi at least, I really have to geek her up in between each exercise. So, we do the "push" game. I shove her a bit and want her to come right back at me. Ultimately, I had her bite my arm. So, I would push her away from me and encourage her to come back at me and "bite" me (grab my arm). This really got her going (all in training at first of course). Then I worked on once she was that geeked, stopping her instantly (in a sit, or a down for instance, working up to "focusing" for go-out). Her upper lips would flare out and I knew she was intent on what was going to happen next! It seems to be a HUGE stress relief for her.

Today at the show, in between each exercise, I was pushing her around as we were go to the next set-up spot (or in between go-outs) , and saying (loudly, to geek her some more) "Bite me Kodi , go ahead, BITE ME!" while pushing her around. No points off for that (at least in the "A" classes). I am going to have to tone it down a lot by next year, but it made the difference between NQ's and placements for her!!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO KAREN AND KODI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Beautiful job!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

debjen is offline Senior Member

Congrats to you both..great job

Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Belles mom
    Kodi earned her Utility title today in style and with a first place! Wheee!!!

While the score was not admirable (188), she had soooo much enthusiasm, that she lost all her points on her fronts. Kodi bounced up on me and nearly knocked me down several times. On the directed jumping, she had one no front, (she bounced off me and came to a finish, and had a VERY crooked front on the other.

But that is o.k., I'd rather have that off the wall enthusiasm, than the shut downs I saw so much of this weekend. Kodi could very easily become a shut down dog under stress, that I am going over board in trying to geek her up right now. We'll never go back to the "A" classes, so now we need to work on a lot of polish. It will be MArch at least before we start on her UDX.

So, that makes from Novice thru Utility in 7 months! and all legs with placements!!

Kodi may now be known as;

SHR UCD GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle's Kodiak Dreamweaver UD RAE JH TT WC CGC
    Congrats!
    Harmony and

Lovely Lola CGC

Polliwog (Polly) RIP
    May 19, 2012 - Dec 9, 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast