LRC Nationals

Thread: LRC Nationals

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultLRC Nationals

My friend and I made it to Newnan, GA on Sunday evening for the LRC Nationals. We are entered in rally, obedience, WC and CC.

We made it through Rally this afternoon. It was hot and sunny but there was a breeze and the humidity was low.

Kona earned his 5th RAE leg. The first time in the ring he was stressed and decided that tracking was more fun!! Second time in he worked for me ....... scores reflect it, 81 and 99. Bo also thought he should try tracking........I'm sure most of our points off were for that and tight lead. He also got a 81.

My friend got her first RAE leg ........Harvey got 2nd in Excellant B and 1st in Advanced B. He was awesome.

Another friend got her first leg in Avanced B.

On to Obedience tomorrow. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and be cooler ........we start at 9 AM. We saw some agility runs today but I don't know the results.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: LRC Nationals

Congrats to both of you on your RAE legs!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Day 2 results. A very rainy day and cooler. We even had thunderstorms this afternoon.

Kona NQ'ed in Utility and we then went into training mode. I was very pleased with a few things in the run. For those who know us know glove #2 is our nemisis...... we pivoted and he was looking at #3 but I was able to pull him back to #2 with my signal. He did his articles in pouring down rain, did the moving stand with our judge with a poncho and rain hat, did 2 decent go-outs that did not have a stancion in the middle, and was measured for the first time by a judge for height.

We did better in Open B with a 3rd place finish with a 188.

My friend Alicia took high combined and got her 19th UDX leg. Her dog Coffee is a rescue and could be Kona's twin. We refer to them as the obedience twins.

Obedience again tomorrow.

Saw a little of the top 25 lab in agility run this afternoon. They are amazing dogs and handlers.

"In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Congrats to your friend on the HC! Nice! And to you for that third place!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats to all

Day 3

Well the weather was better this morning ......... mostly overcast and no rain. Grounds weren't soggy where we were but you did have to watch for new ant hills. I will tell you that waterproof shoes are not water proof if you step in water that is over the shoe top!!!(did that late yesterday afternoon) Still not dry this afternoon .... wore my boots today.

We NQ'ed in both Open and Utility .............. Kona went down on the OOS sit in open and didn't take the bar jump on the first command in utility. My 2 friends also NQ'ed in Open for the same reason. I guess Kona wants to get that UDX in front of the home crowd!!

Off to the banquet tonight and rally tomorrow.

Linda, Kona and Bo

Sorry to hear about the nq's. Beat the banquet was great!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Last report .......... until I get back to MD. We competed in Rally today and Kona earned his 6th RAE leg and Bo qualified. I swear my boys are preparing for tracking!! We will be doing the WC tomorrow with Kona and then start driving north right afterwards.

Linda, Kona and Bo