some gabs pics (agility pics)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some gabs pics (agility pics)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: some gabs pics (agility pics)

Some really nice pictures there!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

debjen is offline Senior Member

nice pics

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Awesome Laura!! She looks great!!

Are you guys competing already!? Didn't you just start agility?? I can't keep up with you guys, LOL!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317

Are you guys competing already!? Didn't you just start agility?? I can't keep up with you guys, LOL!
    She did a little puppy intro to agility class when she was a little baby and we have been doing classes once a week for 9-10 months plus a practice session 1-2 a week.

It's going to be a long time before she gets a title though, she keeps knocking bars- it's like a bull in a china shop. I've been setting up jump grids (you ever do that with the jumpers? I used to do that with my hunters). We'll have to see if it helps.

WOW! Great picts!!

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by gabbys mom

She did a little puppy intro to agility class when she was a little baby and we have been doing classes once a week for 9-10 months plus a practice session 1-2 a week.

It's going to be a long time before she gets a title though, she keeps knocking bars- it's like a bull in a china shop. I've been setting up jump grids (you ever do that with the jumpers? I used to do that with my hunters). We'll have to see if it helps.
    Grids worked great for Jake Really got him to concentrate on what he was doing because he eventually got in such a mess he couldn't reward himself for knocking bars by continuing on - he had to stop or totally destroy a jump/himself He's more careful now, and just like I did with my horses, when he gets lazy we do a grid again for a few days!

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

patm is offline Senior Member

Very Nice!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Yup we did, that should help!

Baloo was the same. He's a little better now that the jumps are higher, as he has to think a little bit about them, but when they were lower he'd just crash through like a freight train. :whatever:

It'll be a long time before we trial, though. Actually it'll be a long time before I'll feel comfortable with him off leash at any sort of event (rally, obedience, agility) he's just way not reliable enough, still loves to "visit". I have nightmares about him doing the heeling pattern in novice and jumping the fence to go grab an open dog's dumbbell... eep.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Yup we did, that should help!

Baloo was the same. He's a little better now that the jumps are higher, as he has to think a little bit about them, but when they were lower he'd just crash through like a freight train. :whatever:

It'll be a long time before we trial, though. Actually it'll be a long time before I'll feel comfortable with him off leash at any sort of event (rally, obedience, agility) he's just way not reliable enough, still loves to "visit". I have nightmares about him doing the heeling pattern in novice and jumping the fence to go grab an open dog's dumbbell... eep.
    Oh, man, my brother and I always have this conversation before I show (because of my nerves): it goes like this: "okay, Laura, the worst case scenario is this "she jumps the ring, steals the dumbbell from the open, pees on the scent articles for the utility dog, buzzes the crowd, rips the skirt off the judge, etc....anything better than that is a win!" ...sigh...little brothers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast