Mother + Daughter (just add 1 weekend) = 3 new obed titles!

Thread: Mother + Daughter (just add 1 weekend) = 3 new obed titles!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

DefaultMother + Daughter (just add 1 weekend) = 3 new obed titles!

Wow, we had a great (but excruciatingly busy) weekend here!

First, Fuji finished her CDX (AKC Open Obedience title) on Sat!!! WOOHOOO!!! It finally all came together. I figured out I apparently had an "intonation" problem on my recall "voice" that was confusing her... often causing her to hesitate initially and 2nd guess herself, dropping into a Down almost immediately. If she wasn't doing that, she'd get comfy on the Long (out of sight) Sit/Stay and lay down, esp if another dog near her did. Yesterday, she did awesome, and took a 3rd place in spite of the Cocker and Golden near her breaking their Stays! The judge was very nice, thanking me for my honesty when we got to the retrieve over the high Jump exercise when I noted the stewards had set the jump height 2" lower than Fuji was supposed to jump. Since she'd teased me a bit going into the ring about having a LITTLE Lab (Foo's only 21" tall) that only had to jump 20" (high) /40" (broad jump), I sure didn't want any gift! I knew the stewards were pretty green and someone didn't add up the height boards correctly... Anyhow, I am VERY HAPPY to finally have it all come together. One of my friends is still looking for the elusive last quals on her 12 yo Aussie, just to give you some idea how long it CAN go on (and then there was Rosa... who did it in 3 trials right off the bat!). Fuji won a ceramic water bowl, a CDX patch for finishing her title and of course, her rosettes.

I had about 30 min break before Sonya's ring times when I needed to phone the vet for progesterone levels on the black girls (getting closer for breeding, but not quite there on Friday-- probably ovulating by today though). I had to run between the Novice Obed ring and Rally Advanced--- Sonya's 2 classes ran at the same time. We went into the Nov obedience ring, did our individual exercises w/ the judge, then straight over to the Rally ring, did that, out of the Rally ring and back for Group Sits/Downs at Obed. It was such a blur I started to wonder if I'd given extra commands in the regular ring (yikes)! I had to send another friend over to Rally to find out that we WON FIRST in Rally Advanced w/ a 95/100 pts, and she collected our neat prizes for us--- which also finished her RA title! In the regular ring, Sonya got a 186/200 pts good for 3rd place, and a 2nd leg toward her CD, and more prizes!!! Ends up that was also good for High Labrador in trial too so we got a "welcome stone" and a squeaky toy too!

With the 2 girls in season.... came in the same day, 2 wks ago today, this was also their weekend to get w/ their chosen "mates". Mata's boy is here in Yakima for a few days visiting and I need to go get him from a training friend's house in a few... and I ended up taking Jazz to Snohomish to Hunter yesterday afternoon immediately leaving after getting home from the trial, and didn't get back home til 930pm last night (160 miles each way... it was a 500+ mile travel day for me). Can you say, TIRED?????? :snore:

Today, I only took Sonya for the Novice Obed ring though we were entered in Rally too, and so was Fuji in Open but I really needed to do some work this am as I was too beat last night. Drum roll please..... Sonya took a 2nd place in Nov B obedience to complete her Companion Dog (CD) title today in 3 trials!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow they are now officially:
    Intl CH WindyCanyon's Sweetest Fuji CDX JH RN CC "Fuji" AND
    WindyCanyon's Patent Nfringement CD JH RA "Sonya"

Next for Sonya will be Open obed and Intl CH..... not til this winter/spring though after joints are all OFA'd etc.

And now I must go pick up Hudson (Mata's beau)... he'll be staying here for a few days til Mata says the deed is done. Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Mother + Daughter (just add 1 weekend) = 3 new obed titles!

Wow! What a weekend! Congrats!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Yay Anne and Fuji and Sonya!! AWESOME!!

I totally know what you mean about running between rings. Pre-novice and rally novice ran at the very same time both trials, which just made no sense to me. I mean, why put the two together that are most likely to conflict? Every one was running back and forth like crazy! It would make more sense to switch up one, and have, say, excellent rally and pre-novice running at the same time. I would think that would cause less conflicts! :surprise:
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!! A great accomplishment with both of your dogs.
    What is CC. I see it in your titles, I'm not sure what it is.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Congratulations!!! A great accomplishment with both of your dogs.
    What is CC. I see it in your titles, I'm not sure what it is.

That is the LRC, Inc Conformation Certificate (CC). Sonya was 1 wk too young last fall at LRC Natls, so I guess I'll have to volunteer to chair one at a spring hunt test! They have to be at least 12 mos old to be cert'd. http://www.thelabradorclub.com/subpa...%20Certificate

Oh, forgot to add... Sonya is only 23 mos old currently... I'm pretty tickled that she's matured as much as she has the past few months. She should be ready for Open very soon, but I won't typically jump them at full height til OFAs are done.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

Wow! HUGE Congratulations, Anne!! WTG Girls!!!
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on the new titles!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

debjen is offline Senior Member

woohooo..congrats to you all..good job

WOW! What a weekend! Congratulations!

patm is offline Senior Member

Wow!!! Way to go guys!! That GREAT!!!