Baloo's Adventure in Amherst!! **Updated with pictures**!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baloo's Adventure in Amherst!! **Updated with pictures**!

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultBaloo's Adventure in Amherst!! **Updated with pictures**!

We had our very FIRST American trial experience this weekend, Baloo's second trial ever!! FUN!!

Yesterday he had one run in rally novice (or, as you Americans would say, "Nah-vice" ), and today he had another rally novice run, and a pre-novice run as well.

Yesterday's rally run was not good. He did his best impersonation of an ant-eater the whole way through. Nose glued to the floor. :whatever: But, technically he did all the signs, so we ended up with an 87 and a third place. It didn't feel good though, you know?

BUT. Today, his rally run was AWESOME. He was focused and working hard, stayed at heel the whole way and did his stations flawlessly. It FELT wonderful, and he won first place with a score of 96!! WOOOOT!!! I KNEW he could do it, total personal best for us.

Next was the pre-novice run, and it was so-so. Pretty sniffy on the heeling pattern, and then we learned that we had do do the heeling-figure-eight thing around people. Umm... yah we've never, EVER done that before. (In Canada, you just have to make a big circle around the two people-posts. ) He NAILED it though! Sailed through like a pro, didn't even look at the people-posts!

He did make a few mistakes in pre-novice, like shuffling feet on the stand for exam, snuffling on the heeling pattern and breaking the long down (In Canada there IS no long down in pre-novice, we were both caught off guard by that one. Bad Momma REALLY should have looked that up... ) But overall he did much better than expected for his first foray into formal obedience. GOOD boy.

So all in all, I'm VERY happy with the Boo-man!! GREAT first American trial!!

And he says, "Thank you Auntie Felicia and Henery for the fun time, I hads a BLAST!! Umm.... sorry again about your towel..."

Here's the Boo-man with his loot!

Tired boy!

Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Baloo's Adventure in Amherst!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317

And he says, "Thank you Auntie Felicia and Henery for the fun time, I hads a BLAST!! Umm.... sorry again about your towel..."
    Congrats Kate!

And um, what about the towel?

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

wonder what happened to the towel?

Well done Baloo thats a huge achievement considering he is still a pup! Well done both of you!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!! Sounds like you had a great debut!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Baloo and Kate RAWKED!!!!!

Kate, he was definitely ON today, compared to yesterday, and yesterday wasn't THAT bad. Considering this was his first big two-day show, he did awesome!!

I had a small towel that I brought with me to wipe Hen's feet in the hotel room. We got it in a goodie bag at a dog show last year. Anyway, Baloo came over for a serious session of tug and biteyface and well... that poor towel got ripped to shreds!!! LOL! Godspeed towel!! LOL!

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Very nice debut! Way to go!

brody is offline Senior Member

awesome work

have been waiting for the update

I TOTALLY get what you mean about doing ok not always making you feel great - when you know you nailed it for you - know thats a good feeling

congrats
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

patm is offline Senior Member

Great job! I think we all know what you mean when they get a "good score", but you don't feel all that great about how they did. RIP towel!

debjen is offline Senior Member

Good job...congrats

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Baloo's Adventure in Amherst!! **Updated with pictures**!

Wow that sounds like a great weekend for you guys!! I can just picture Baloo the ant eater Is he neutered? I can't remember. Remington did stuff like that as well before I neutered him, then he got much more serious about working and doing his job.

Love the picture of Baloo with his loot. He looks like one proud but tired boy!!

So, when is your next show??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast