Sophie can WEAVE!

Thread: Sophie can WEAVE!

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultSophie can WEAVE!

She's now doing 4 poles in a parallel line.. now as soon as I can beg or borrow another pair of poles, we'll work on getting 6 poles, as well as proofing entries .. yay Sopharooo!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sophie can WEAVE!

Here's a really easy and inexpensive way to make weaves.

Go to Lowes. In the nail section they have these big, long spike nails, about 8 or 12 inches long. Buy 12 of them. Then go to the plumbing section and buy enough 3/4 inch PVC to cut 12 poles about 3 feet long.

Then all you do is stick the nails into the ground (space them about 20 inches apart) leaving about three inches out of the ground, place your PVC over the nail and you are set up with a set of weaves.

I tell all my beginner students to make these practice weaves, really easy, really inexpensive, and the practice you get at home is priceless!!!

debjen is offline Senior Member

yeah Sophie..will you tell Cedar how to do them..we do great channel weaves but can't get them closed..just got some 2 x 2 but need to learn how to teach them...

Another easy weave pole if you have a farm or feed store somewhere near by..to buy stick in the ground fence posts.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

unfortunately, the ground in my backyard is clay and there's NO way to stick anything in the ground unless I had a sledgehammer and a good back...

brody is offline Senior Member

YAY for sophie

and double YAY for you

cheers
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller