Bad Dog, Good Dog

Thread: Bad Dog, Good Dog

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultBad Dog, Good Dog

Recently Ruger, my sweet wonderful can't say enough about him Ruger, has been horrible!!! In the field he is totally blowing me off, getting into trouble right and left. Last night he found a turtle and he would not leave it be. Every time I'd put it back, he'd go get it, even after a hiney spanking. I got so mad at him I put him in a down stay, as soon as a truck went down the road, he jumped up and ran after it.

Today he had the turtle again, we did the leave it thing again and again and again. Next thing I know I hear him crunching on something, and there he is, laying on the ground chewing the turtle's shell. I got the turtle and put it over the fence out of reach. Bad Ruger. (the turtle is okay, he just munched a dime sized piece off the end of the shell).

Remington on the other hand has been so good. I set up a gamblers course today and Remington ran the gamble (send away work for those that don't know what gamblers is) and was perfect. He also would help me hide the turtle from Ruger... we'd go in the woods and hide it while Ruger was going after his ball. I'd tell Remington not to let Ruger see where it was and Remington would steer clear of where the turtle was so as to not entice Ruger.

I think Ruger is a wee bit jealous of my time spent working Remington. I think Ruger's little devil side has emerged lately. :suspious:

Oh and for those wondering about Magnum, she just explores her field and lays in the tall grass and surveys her kingdom. She's definitely the Queen of the World right now, really enjoying her retirement

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Bad Dog, Good Dog

oh those boys...I know after I got Robbie..Riley started counter surfing and garbage diving again after being loose in the house for 4 years he had to be crated again....it's quite possible there is a bit of jealously...

Also just before retiring him Riley started blowing me off on the agility course too..at his last trial I don't think we had one good run out of 6...he just did what ever he wanted and didn't listen at all..he was 9 years old and I knew he was getting close but that trial confirmed that he was retiring.

patm is offline Senior Member

Yep - it does sound like he might be a little bit jealous - not that we put human emotions to dogs mind you - but still.......

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

He's not blowing me off when we work... but on things like, he'll be down in the woods in the field and I'll call him to come and he just ignores me or goes the other way.

He's never been like this. He's always been momma's boy and wouldn't even leave me long enough to go into the woods on his own.

Now Remington seems to be more momma's boy, and I think Ruger isn't real happy with that so he's pretending to be interested in other things.

But he does still work for me when we get in the ring to run courses or work on some obedience stuff.

Go figure. It's always a challenge when you have multiple dogs.