Our agility weekend

Thread: Our agility weekend

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

DefaultOur agility weekend

I am happy to announce 2 new NAJ's in the house:

Intl CH WindyCanyon's Fulla Jazz CD JH RN NA NAJ CC "Jazzy"
    AND
    Intl CH WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX JH RA NA NAJ CC "Mata"

They earned 1st and 3rd places in 20" Nov JWW on Sat at the Evergreen Golden Retriever Trial in Auburn WA. It was a fast course that "got" alot of dogs! On Sunday, we moved up to Open and though close, it was no cigar for us. Very tough little course. Mata took a bar on a tight hairpin turn and Jazz took a wrong jump near the end.

Mata also took 1st place in Open Std 20" that day-- one of only a couple 20" to qualify. That was her 2nd Q in std.

Jazzy was the lone qualifier in Open Std 20" on Sunday of ~20 dogs in the class! Mata was a goofball and NQ'd in style, lol.

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to hold myself together due to my recent tragic loss of their mom, Rosa (see the Rainbow Bridge) last week :'( ... but I was glad I went. This was the same facility where Rosa debuted years ago in the old horse barn. She was running her course, spotted some birdies in the corner, flushed them up, got back on course, ran the loop toward that corner again where she decided to fly over the table and check to see if the birds were back, got back on the table to finish her course w/a 4th place. She was dubbed the "multi-tasking Labrador" that weekend. So I have happy memories, but it still was incredibly hard to walk into initially.

This was likely their final agility trial for the year as both are due to come into season and be bred this fall, so it was nice to wrap up the title. Would have loved to finish Mata's Open Std title too, but oh well... she had fun and that's all that counts. I am very proud of Jazzy (my little melter in Open Obed lately). She had a great time as well, and I am seeing the confidence build in the agility ring just as I'd hoped it would.

Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Our agility weekend

Congrats on the new titles and Sorry to hear about Rosa..

So you are going to miss Wenatchee and Yakima Trials this year?

Quote Originally Posted by debjen
    Congrats on the new titles and Sorry to hear about Rosa..

So you are going to miss Wenatchee and Yakima Trials this year?
    That's the worst part.... I was going to take Rosa out of retirement (9.5 yrs young, running strong on courses I set up here) and run her in trials this fall so we could hopefully be there to watch Strider, her son (brother to Fuji and Jazz), finish his MACH.... My only thought is to get Fuji polished up on weaves because if Mata and Jazz are both bred, there's no way I will run them in agility. Fuji broke a front toe as a youngster and it has some arthritis in it, so I'd likely run her in Preferred if I do. It's a dilemma. I'll be there regardless, for Yakima, since I'm the lady with the club checkbooks...

Rosa was definitely there in spirit this weekend as our coach, and I'm sure is smiling upon Strider too. His owners dedicated the weekend last (they missed this trial I went to) to Rosa-- Strider earned another Double Q and several points, so has just 7 QQ's to go. Strider runs so much like mama Rosa, it's spooky. They will be staying at my house for the Yakima trial. I'm going to need lots of tissues, I'm afraid. Anne

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Congratulations in the new titles!!! That is wonderful. And what a lovely reminder of your old dog Rosa. That's a really cute story about the birds

Did you get any pictures??? Would love to see them if you could post them!

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Congratulations in the new titles!!! That is wonderful. And what a lovely reminder of your old dog Rosa. That's a really cute story about the birds

Did you get any pictures??? Would love to see them if you could post them!
    No pictures of Rosa chasing the birdies, unfortunately... but I was surprised when I mentioned that story recently just how many of my lab club members who ran agility at the time, remembered that day vividly and still laughed. Rosa had a SH title, and that clearly was her favorite venue of all. She seemed to enjoy agility alot more after that day though. Wishful thinking on her part that there may be more birdies out there for her...

I guess I'd better go put the thawed ducks to use. I had meant to do a JH / SH set up last night and ran out of daylight. Rosa was always my test dog, so it's just not the same. Sonya has a JH test on Sunday-- hopefully for title. I've not had any time or energy for training though with all that has happened on top of 14+ hr work days right now. This week will ease up a bit though, thankfully.