Great weekend

Thread: Great weekend

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultGreat weekend

I really enjoyed our agility camp..I was really worried that we were a little under qualified as it was a Masters/Excellent camp but I have to tell you Robbie ROCKED...I am so proud of my little boy..he worked his little tush off..had only 2 very minor run off incidents all weekend and they both at the end of some very long days.. we started working at 9 am and had about an 1 1/4 hour for lunch and worked again until 4:45...we had 9 dogs in our group so we got a lot of practice in..didn't get home until 9:30 tonight picked the other 2 boys up from their vacation home and they are all passed out now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Great weekend

Wonderful - glad you 2 had a great, productive time

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Sounds wonderful Deb!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like a fun time!

brody is offline Senior Member

delighted for you

was there one thing that just CLICKED for you
    (like "run with intention" did for me last spring?)

it's funny how hard it can be to find a balance between too fresh and too tired ... and both can result in mega bratty behaviour

congrats!
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

What fun! Sounds like Robbie is really tearing up the courses. That is so cool. Were you able to get any pictures of the weeekend?

Don't know about you, but whenever I go to a seminar, it seems they throw so much information at you, I'm lucky if 10% of it sticks with me. But it is always fun, and exhausting.

I hope you took today off to relax!!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a great weekend! That's a long day's work though!!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

debjen is offline Senior Member

A couple of things that were said stuck with me

1st on front crosses..we all work on where to put front crosses, on the take off side or on the landing side etc..I've heard it describes and have practiced a lot from different instructors and Kathy Ferril who did our front cross class finally put it in a way that clicked..

Your front cross between two obstacles when you need to turn your dog's path..you do not front cross between two obstacles when the dog is running a straight line..

2nd pt was in our contract maintenance class Jill Crawford..she said too often we "do agility" and not "train agility"..we go to class and we work on courses or part of courses and do agility... but we don't spend a lot of time training specifics..she has specific training things she does weekly, monthly or every 3 months..and she has it printed out and marks things as they are done

For example weekly..15-20 single contacts on each contact (does not necessarily mean full contact runs), table power up, weaves.

Once a month drills-jumping, 180-270 drills

every 3 months..box exercises, conditioning drills...

Everything was good but those are 2 things that stood out

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Don't know about you, but whenever I go to a seminar, it seems they throw so much information at you, I'm lucky if 10% of it sticks with me. But it is always fun, and exhausting.

I hope you took today off to relax!!
    Luckily we got a workbook that has a lot of stuff in it so I can go back and review some stuff and yes I did take today off..*G*