Back from the Control Unleashed Seminar

Thread: Back from the Control Unleashed Seminar

DefaultBack from the Control Unleashed Seminar

It was great. I learned so much. So many things in the book seem practical and easy to teach, like the look at that game. Well I taught it wrong MoDean improved significantly just by participating at the seminar and now I have a whole lot of things to work with with all of my dogs. If you have any questions, I would be glad to provide info. We were not the worst ones there and we did not get thrown out (my two biggest fears). I think that all my dogs will benefit from this. We are also supposed to have a tune up session in the spring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Back from the Control Unleashed Seminar

Glad you guys enjoyed it

patm is offline Senior Member

That is so great! I'm glad you enjoyed it and learned alot. I would LOVE to attend one of those seminars. I think that many people with labs would benefit, just because labs sometimes have a hard time controlling themselves around other dogs. I really benefitted from reading the book, with Emilu's dog reactiveness, but for something that like, I do better seeing it demonstrated.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

One of the best tricks I learned was using cheese wiz. When my MoDean approaches a dog he lunges and does a loud bark. It is obnoxious. Now upon seeing a dog in the distance I squeeze some cheese wiz on the roof of his mouth and he licks and is able to walk by without incident. This even worked with a dog that tried to attack him in the Control Unleashed seminar.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by agilitymom
    One of the best tricks I learned was using cheese wiz. When my MoDean approaches a dog he lunges and does a loud bark. It is obnoxious. Now upon seeing a dog in the distance I squeeze some cheese wiz on the roof of his mouth and he licks and is able to walk by without incident. This even worked with a dog that tried to attack him in the Control Unleashed seminar.
    What an interesting technique!! Will definately keep that one in mind for the future
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I love Cheese Whiz for training. I use it a LOT, especially for utility work Never thought to use it for barking control. I might have to tell some of my agility folks this one