My Rally Class - AKA the retriever class!

Thread: My Rally Class - AKA the retriever class!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultMy Rally Class - AKA the retriever class!

It's a class of retrievers! two goldens, black labs and two chocolate labs. All dogs are new (except Rocky) though one of the other owners does Rally with one of her other dogs (and conformation!). Two of the other labs are abit wild and the teacher had to show them how to use the chokers (they were both on upside down!)

For the first class it was alot of "what is rally" basics. The course was all "motion" stations and very very tight. Rocky was doing great until our last round up. There must have been treats (crumbs) all over by that point and I completely lost all of his focus/attention. We had to push through the course with a tighter leash and luring. But that's life, it was a new environment and we got thru!

At home (or at the park) I'm actually using a completely loose lead (except very few corrections) and using treats sparingly. Plus I try to train in public places with distractions, it's gotten wayyy too easy at home. Unless i start putting treats/crumbs on the floor (starting with just a few farther away) and train like that!

Charlie (foster) and Rocky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My Rally Class - AKA the retriever class!

Our Rally classes last year were all retrievers. The drop in classes we took over the summer consisted of Caleb, a yellow Lab, 2 chocolate Labs, 3 Flatcoats and a Golden. One of the women who has the Flatcoats has a Corgi, too. The instructor has a white GSD and an Irish Setter. Our paid classes later in the summer had the Golden, one of the Flatcoats, and the other Labs.

DefaultRe: My Rally Class - AKA the retriever class!

Its all retrievers because retrievers rock! Enjoy your class, and Rocky man...behave!