Murray gets an A+ for creativity tonight...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murray gets an A+ for creativity tonight...

DefaultMurray gets an A+ for creativity tonight...

...and that ain't a good thing.

Heeling and signals were beautiful. Everything fell apart after that though.

Articles were in the same place as last night (we were in front of the high jump, articles in front of the bar jump). When I turned to face the articles I waited while Murray thought long and hard about sitting. He finally did sit though (score one for me). I sent him and...he veered off down the ring toward the glove #1 corner. Grr...score one for Murray. I called him back since there was no way he was going to find the articles where he was headed. Second article...same thing so I called him back again. Murray won that round.

Gloves were good. He even sat and he didn't mouth. Yea!

Moving stand he took 3 steps.

Directed jumping. I sent him, he suddenly veered over left and took the bar jump on the way out to glove #1 corner. :surprise: What is it with that @&$(# corner? I was so stunned, I'm sure my jaw hit the ground. He did cross jump to the high jump though and I didn't even lean today. Second go out was the same...over the bar on the way out to the left corner AGAIN! :no: I've never had him take a jump on the way out, not even when I was first training the exercise. I should have stopped him the 2nd time for sure but again I just stood there completely stunned. :'(

The obsession with that left corner has me stumped. There was absolutely nothing going on over there. Needless to say Murray is going to get some intensive training between now and Fri.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Murray gets an A+ for creativity tonight...

Murry is trying to be creative. As soon as you think you have it figured out they throw something new at you

Off topic. How is Meghans knee? What did you find out? How did your interview go? Inquiring minds want to know.

Lisa

brody is offline Senior Member

oh man - frustrating and innovative all at once
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Murray, Murray, Murray! Got to love those thinking Utility boys! Geez!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

lcspt is offline Senior Member

I so feel you pain!! They can get creative in the ring.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Quote Originally Posted by agilitymom
    Off topic. How is Meghans knee? What did you find out? How did your interview go? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Thanks for asking.

Meghan's knee was just a sprain/bruise, no fracture. She's been off crutches for a few days now but still has to keep her knee wrapped for support. Dr released her back to modified PE today. She still plans on twirling in the jr high talent show tomorrow without practicing for over a week. :scare:

I did my phone interview and they called me in for a 6 hr technical interview. My brain was fried by the end. They are going to contact some of my references and get back to me a few weeks. I have mixed feelings about it. I really don't want to go back into this industry. All of my health problems have resurfaced since I started thinking about it (not sleeping, skin broke out, heartburn, heart palpatations, etc). If they offer me some obscene amount of money, I might try to go back but I won't go back for what I used to make and if my health starts to suffer I'll quit, regardless of what SU wants.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

It's so fun to wonder what they are thinking in the ring. Murray sounds like he is doing pretty well, and it will come. You just need one more leg? I think I'm remembering correctly. Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    You just need one more leg? I think I'm remembering correctly. Hang in there!
    Yes we're chasing that illusive last leg. I hope I didn't "use up" our AKC leg at ASCA this weekend. I'm still kicking myself for messing it up last weekend with the blazing fast backlit recall signal. I made a conscious effort to do signals in s..l..o..w motion this past weekend and it really helped. Imagine that.

We have a rule at the Lab specialty that all dogs needing just one leg (especially in Utility) will get them. And should I set some mouse traps out in that left corner for you durring go outs?

Kelly and Amber

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs

Yes we're chasing that illusive last leg. I hope I didn't "use up" our AKC leg at ASCA this weekend. I'm still kicking myself for messing it up last weekend with the blazing fast backlit recall signal. I made a conscious effort to do signals in s..l..o..w motion this past weekend and it really helped. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    And should I set some mouse traps out in that left corner for you durring go outs?
    Hmmm...tempting, very tempting.

Did go outs at friend's place on Mon. She tried everything possible to lure Murray to the corner but no, he went straight as an arrow. She was very impressed. I almost think that the fact that there was zero going on in that corner at the show was what peaked his interest. Usually the more distractions that are going on, the more focused Murray becomes on me. I need to pay a marching band to go thru while we're doing our run.

Today, I went to the park to try go outs again. He tried to take the jump every time. :no: Why on earth has he suddenly decided he needs to take a jump on the way out? One of my training buddies says it's because of agility (every obedience person blames agility :whatever: ). He's been doing agility and obedience together for 5 years. Why would it suddenly become an issue now? I don't buy it.

We're going to another park to meet up with friends tomorrow. It will be our last practice before the trial (we're driving most of the day on Thurs). I'm hoping beyond hope that he figures out this go out thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast