more weekend results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more weekend results

Defaultmore weekend results

Ali earned RAE leg #8 on Sat. at a show in Iowa. Excellent wasn't stellar as I ran from the conformation rings to get there just in time to walk once. Course started with the back up 3 steps so I just took the 10 point deduction. There was every excellent exercise in that course I think. Neither of us were very focused. Fortunately things went much better in Advanced B and she got a 98 and 4th place.

The judge made some comments about how he has border collies and he was holding us to his standard as well as "this course wasn't just a walk around the ring". He also critiqued handlers for not listening to his briefing (I missed the first one due to being in another building 2 blocks away showing my pugs) and said he penalized those who didn't listen to how he was scoring the exercise and didn't follow directions. Definitely not a "give me leg".
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: more weekend results

Congratulations on the leg!! I think you did well not having much time to plan your running of the course. A juadge I might not show under again!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Great! Number 8 and only two more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortuanately there are judges out there who want to make Rally like obedience. It is not suppose to be super easy but it isn't suppose to be so hard either. Oh well. As my old instructor use to say--there are judges out there who want you to pass and judges who don't care if you fail or not.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats to you..

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Congrats!!

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Congratulations.

I get really peeved with the variation of judging in Rally. They need to come up with some ways to make it more standardized. It's basically up to each judge on what they want to score etc. I've had a couple of judges that make courses to trick you up on purpose... having jumps so close to the next station that with a big dog and big stride you sail right by the next station, etc.

Congrats on Leg #8!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Congratulations.

I get really peeved with the variation of judging in Rally. They need to come up with some ways to make it more standardized. It's basically up to each judge on what they want to score etc. I've had a couple of judges that make courses to trick you up on purpose... having jumps so close to the next station that with a big dog and big stride you sail right by the next station, etc.

Congrats on Leg #8!!!
    Actually he had one of those scenarios in Advanced -- took the bar jump, had to immediately halt, u-turn forward to circle right which was just to the right of the jump -- several large dogs took the jump after the circle right as there was barely room to pass between the sign and the bar jump. He basically told us he was trying to trick us......
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labnpug

Actually he had one of those scenarios in Advanced -- took the bar jump, had to immediately halt, u-turn forward to circle right which was just to the right of the jump -- several large dogs took the jump after the circle right as there was barely room to pass between the sign and the bar jump. He basically told us he was trying to trick us......
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    We had something similar when we finished our RAE. We lost 2 points cause I yelled so loud at Caleb as he collected himself to go over the jump. Rich was teasing me that I scared even him! An excellent test though!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast