Well, still not there, but does keep getting better!

Thread: Well, still not there, but does keep getting better!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultWell, still not there, but does keep getting better!

We went to Pittsburg this weekend to vend. Since my instructor was judging obedience I could only enter the other class she wasn't judging (they usually have two judges). We got there Friday to set up the booth so I went down next to the obedience rings (waaaaaaaayyyyyyy away from everything else except the rally ring) and did some go-outs. Saturday we had Open B and I could not get a straight front or finish from him on anything. Plus was he did not try to finish himself on the BJ and we had a man judge. That was nice. Our problem in Open remains--he has the heeling patter so figured out that when the do a right turn fast on the last leg of the heeling, Caleb has been forging. Well, Saturday it certainly was more than a forge--we did the right turn and he took off before the judge even said fast! He was a whole body length ahead of me!

Sunday was Utility. I went down Saturday before we left for the hotel and did more go-outs and a bunch of drills. Sunday morning I was not feeling well--I think it was something on the salad I had for dinner and I actually thought about not showing but I had to. Got down and saw we had the reverse order--DJ first! Ok. The first go-out was perfect. Perfect go-out, perfect sit, correct jump, nice front and finish. Lined him up to do it again and sent him. He went past the jumps, just this side of that 10 foot line when he stopped in his tracks and looked over his shoulder at me and stood there. : So I told him to run and he went the rest of the way out. So, it is getting better. He almost nq'd on signals. The judge was right behind him and he thought about coming in rather than laying down, but he did it without coming in at all. Good boy! ;D I was ready to give that verbal though!

Now the killer. When I went to get my breakdown the judge asked if I really wanted to see it that I would not be happy. Ok, I thought, what did we do?! When I did look at it we lost no points on articles or gloves, 1/2 point on the MS and 1 point on signals for the slow response on the down! And, yes our first go-out was perfect! Man, this dog is going to kill me yet! :P
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well, still not there, but does keep getting better!

It has taken me so long to get to the reply page ........... thought I was going to have to send you and email!!

Sounds like Caleb is getting better with the go-outs .......... what a great score you were working on!! Kona has a tendency to forge too with the fast .......... I try to delay my reaction slightly in practice and hope that he will wait for me in a show!! :P
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Oh so close!!

When it finally does all fall into place, you'll start gathering those HIT's again like last year!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sorry you didn't feel good Sunday, I know that feeling and it's not fun not to feel well at a show!
    Sounds like Caleb is slowly coming along. You guys will get it all together. At least you had one perfect go-out, that's BIG improvement

debjen is offline Senior Member

sounds like things are working out.