Weekend Rally Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Rally Results

DefaultWeekend Rally Results

It was an interesting, cold weekend, but all in all, it turned out OK.  On Saturday, Duncan took 2nd place on his first leg in Rally Excellent.  Tanner, on his first time off leash in advanced, took off like it was the agility ring!  He ran through the serpentine cones like they were weave poles, leaving me behind in the dust.  When he finished them, he stopped and looked at me like, "hurry up mom. What's next?"  :  Thankfully, he Qd and earned is first RA leg.  On Sunday, Duncan wasn't pretty, but managed a first place with a score of 86 in excellent, giving him his 2nd excellent leg.  Tanner also Q'd for his 2nd advanced leg.

On the way home, it was announced that the mountain pass would close at mile post 47 at 1:00 for avalanche control.  At 1:00, we were at mile post 45.  DH drove *a little over the speed limit  * and we made it through right before it closed!  The last place I wanted to be stuck was on a mountain pass!  The boys were muddy and wet from the trial being in dirt and I just wanted to get home!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Weekend Rally Results

Congrats on your legs!!!!!

I chuckled at your account of Tanner taking the rally course as an agility one! LOL!!

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats on the the legs..glad you made it through before the passes closed.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations! Where do you live? I would not want to be stuck in a mountain pass in a storm either -- bad enough to have trouble getting home on a flat road!
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the legs! You account of the serpintine is priceless!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!! I would have loved to see that run!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Quote Originally Posted by labnpug
    Where do you live? I would not want to be stuck in a mountain pass in a storm either -- bad enough to have trouble getting home on a flat road!
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    Thanks everyone. It really was a great weekend....even with my agility dog leaving me behind in the rally ring. We live in Washington.

Congratulations!!

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Congrats!! Glad you got home safely too

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TanDunc
    It was an interesting, cold weekend, but all in all, it turned out OK. On Saturday, Duncan took 2nd place on his first leg in Rally Excellent. Tanner, on his first time off leash in advanced, took off like it was the agility ring! He ran through the serpentine cones like they were weave poles, leaving me behind in the dust. When he finished them, he stopped and looked at me like, "hurry up mom. What's next?" : Thankfully, he Qd and earned is first RA leg. On Sunday, Duncan wasn't pretty, but managed a first place with a score of 86 in excellent, giving him his 2nd excellent leg. Tanner also Q'd for his 2nd advanced leg.

On the way home, it was announced that the mountain pass would close at mile post 47 at 1:00 for avalanche control. At 1:00, we were at mile post 45. DH drove *a little over the speed limit * and we made it through right before it closed! The last place I wanted to be stuck was on a mountain pass! The boys were muddy and wet from the trial being in dirt and I just wanted to get home!
    I'm gonna telllllllllllllllllllllllllll............ Did you know your breeder's hubby (and breeder, now that I think about it!) works for DOT and is in thick w/ the WSP? ;D :P

Congrats on th legs, LOL.... it sure was a cruddy weekend for weather, eh?

Goin to the CBDT fun match in W. Richland next Sat? I'll be there with SONYA in tow (or was that vice versa....) ??? She'll debut in Rally and Nov B. :-\ Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast