Don't you love 2nd guessing

Thread: Don't you love 2nd guessing

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultDon't you love 2nd guessing

yourself..guess the snow stopped and the trial is going on..oh well..I've been sitting in the house with the heat on and all my layers that I would have had on at the trial plus a blanket and I'm still cold and headachy so guess I wasn't meant to go...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Don't you love 2nd guessing

I think you are much more comfortable where you are. I've trialed in the freezing rain with wind howling. Definitely not my favorite trial memories.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

oh too bad.. but better safe than sorry, i bet the ground would still have been slippy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

if you re feeling sick and cruddy odds go up you or Robbie would have gotten hurt ...

you made the right call no matter how frustrating it is
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Sorry you're not feeling well and that the weather didn't cooperate for you. I agree with the others that you made the right decision.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Agree with the others... and hope that you're feeling better soon!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Deb, if it makes you feel any better, I drove over Manastash Ridge at ~630 am in the falling snow, and E'burg was totally white of course (was yesterday when driving home). From what I was told, Moses Lake was also totally WHITE OUT conditions when Cheri (Strider's mom) left to go to the hunt test south of there, and was thinking the trial would likely be cancelled today altogether.

We had a VERY cold hunt test and AKKKK!, in the judges "attempts" to make it more water friendly (ie for the dogs w/ improper coats!), they, ahem... went way overboard on adding technicalities to the series to shorten the water part but make the rest a BEAR. Sonya was in good company w/ other dogs that failed that "water" series though did great on the land (also no gimmee!). That was a $65 set of birds I may add.... I'd much rather lose the $32 or whatever it was for agility today! :P

Oh, and my drive home???? White out conditions over Rye Grass and thru the Canyon.... This is almost April in WA??????? : Sicko!

Hope you are feeling better, or at least got to sleep some of it off. There has been some really nasty stuff going around this year.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

debjen is offline Senior Member

I was driving over Manastash about the same time when Sara called me and told me it was snowing in Moses Lake..I turned around at Thrall Rd...I've heard the trial did go on and they acutally ended up with some sun but it was cold.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Call me a wimp but the idea of running around in the cold and snow is not appealing at all. I would rather stay warm and dry!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org