NADAC agility results ~update at top~

Thread: NADAC agility results ~update at top~

DefaultNADAC agility results ~update at top~

~UPDATE~ I forgot to mention that I wiped out pretty hard yesterday. I was going to blind cross Murray while he was in the tunnel. He had been going at a nice even pace but suddenly decided to bolt thru the tunnel so I misjudged his speed. I began the cross. I looked down and saw Murray's nose coming out of the tunnel. I said "oh, this isn't going to turn out well." It was too late to stop the cross. Murray hit me on the left side and spun me around. I fell on my right butt check, rolled to hit my right shin, right knee, and both palms. I jumped up and finished the course (that's the course Murray decided he needed 3 tries on the weaves at the end : ). As I passed the judge she said "Are you alright?" I said "That depends. Do I get style points?" She said yes. I'm pretty banged up and sore today (scrapes on hands and knee, bruise on shin and knee). I really tweaked my back. The left side of my neck, my left rib, and the right side of the middle of my back are twinging when I breathe so I know if I take a really deep breath or twist just right it's going to spasm.

We went to a NADAC agility trial yesterday. I normally stay over 2 nights for this show but I've been trying to cut costs where possible and all of our classes were on one day so I decided to make a day of it. Bad decision. We left home at 4am and finally got back home at 9:30 pm. I dragged my butt in the door, don't remember taking a shower but I woke up in clean pjs this morning so I guess I did. I was supposed to meet some friends for obedience training bright and early this morning but decided to sleep an extra 30 min instead.

The show started an hr late (8:30 instead of 7:30). Then the city decided to have a parade and they were staging in the show parking lot. Then the fire engine sirens started going, the bands were playing, and the people were yelling. Yea...it was a good time. :

The club listed a class on the wrong day in the premium but decided to hold the class just for those 15 of us that were only there on Sat.

We had Hoopers, Jumpers, 2 Reg, Chances, Touch-n-Go, Tunnelers classes. Meghan and Essy only needed one leg in Hoopers and one in Tunnelers to finish those titles. Murray just needed one hoopers leg.

Hoopers was first. Apparently they have changed the game pretty significantly recently (I'll post the changes at the bottom for those that are interested). They are calling this Phase 4. I wonder how many phases there are? : Anyway, I'm trying to catch all the changes in the briefing but the judge didn't cover them all, just the major changes. Meghan and I planned our course (we're both in Novice). While waiting I caught a few people talking about additional rules that had changed. The rules didn't really affect our course but I told Meghan the changes in case she ran into trouble on the course (2 major ones are that you can retry a test without taking 3 colored hoops again and you don't have to take 3 colored hoops in the same direction so you can loop back by only using 2 hoops . She told me she was going to run the course as planned. She went out on the course, changed everything, got lost and confused, ran out of time, didn't Q. She came out of the ring and was mad at...ME! WTH? I wasn't even in the ring. That really pissed me off. By the end of the day she realized it was her fault, not mine or Essy's and appologized.

Tunnelers was the last class. We ran at 6:30pm in near darkness. Essy and Murray both had beautiful runs. We think they both Qd and Essy finished her title but the results won't be posted until today when they finish the class. We won't know the results for about a week when they are posted online.

Oh, Meghan and Essy made their Open Regular debut. They did an awesome job. They ran clean and just barely missed making time. Meghan was thrilled with Essy's performance and so was I.

Here are the results that we know:

Essy - Novice Hoopers 4th place
    Novice Jumpers 1st just barely missed making time.
    Open Reg Round 1 - 1st
    Open Reg Round 2 -1st
    Novice Chances 3rd (had to help Essy with the distance portion so no Q)
    Novice Touch-n-Go 1st and Q
    Novice Tunnelers Most likely Q with placement and title

Murray - Novice Hoopers 1st, Q, title
    Open Jumpers - 2nd just missed time by .4 seconds because was watching the parade. :
    Elite Reg Round 1 - 2nd (had to try the weaves 3 times so we didn't make time)
    Elite Reg Round 2 - 1st and Q
    Open Chances - 1st and Q
    Elite Touch-n-Go - 2nd popped the last contact....grrr, he hadn't missed a contact all day.
    Elite Tunnerls - Most likely Q with placement

Hoopers:

For this particular course there were only 4 colored hoops on the course (I don't if this will be the norm now), all along one side of the ring instead of a horseshoe shape of about 12 hoops all the way around the ring. There are still 3 tests in the middle but this time 2 of the tests did not have sequential numbers on them because you could take them from any direction. In addition, there was a 4th test at the backend of the ring that was a distance challenge. If you complete the test without stepping over the distance line, you get a bonus. If you choose to go over the line, it is just a regular test, no bonus.

You can now retry a test 3 times without going back to take 3 outside colored hoops (used to be you tried it once, then had to go back to the colored hoops before you could try again).

Now you do not have to take the colored hoops in the same direction. Used to have to take 3 different hoops in the same direction. Now you can just use 2 hoops and wrap back and forth thru them to get your 3. It's a good thing because with only 4 colored hoops on the course it was going to be a challenge to get them all in the same direction and be lined up for any test.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: NADAC agility results

wow..long day but sounds like you guys did good congrats

DefaultRe: NADAC agility results ~update at top~

Oh Lydia how are you feeling? I can't imagine an impact with Murray. He is a big muscular boy. It must of felt like getting hit by a car. Maddie clipped me coming out of a chute. I now never forget to call her name as she is coming through. It really hurt. You and Meghan had a successful show. Congrats.

The one thing I really don't like about NADAC is all of their constant rule changes. Maddie has some titles left unfinished and we have a new person who runs the NADAC shows. She has taken a clean running, fast show where we used to get out by 1pm to a sluggish show that you are lucky to get out by 6pm. I am thinking ASCA for Panda instead of NADAC.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'm pretty sore today...yep feels like I got hit by a truck. Of course Meghan had to remind me about the last time I fell (you got to see that one) and tease me mercilessly saying it's becoming a habit and asking if I even know how to stand on my feet. I'm thinking about grounding her for a month then we'll see who's laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by agilitymom
    The one thing I really don't like about NADAC is all of their constant rule changes. Maddie has some titles left unfinished and we have a new person who runs the NADAC shows... I am thinking ASCA for Panda instead of NADAC.
    Really? I know other people who, like you, don't like the changes but I kind of like it. I like learning the new games. It keeps it interesting and I think the NADAC games in particular have really improved my handling skills. You might want to check with the NADAC site because I do know that titles are grandfathered under the new classes. For example, we have a Novice Gambler title. They got rid of Gamblers and created Chances. We did not have to go back to Novice Chances, we just went into Open Chances. If you had Gamblers legs, you would still enter Chances to finish the title.

We have ASCA out here but they don't have their own agility trials. They used to be combined with the NADAC trials (which I really loved because I could get legs in 2 venues for the price of 1 run ) but I haven't seen a combined trial in several years now.

We have more NADAC shows than any other venue here in AZ so I hope you come to love NADAC again. Our local NADAC trials are run extremely effeciently but they are huge (fill fast) so you still won't get out until 4 or 5 though.

We also have DOCNA here but so far I haven't entered a trial. I just haven't had the time/funds to do so but they have some unique games (similar to NADAC) too. In fact they came about due to a split off of NADAC because of creative differences. Their trials are held in Queen Creek.

First congratulations on all the "q's" and placements.
    Second sorry to hear about the fall -- It sounds like you are pretty sore. I can't blind cross Jazz for that reason -- she would take me out.
    We were in NADAC trials last weekend -- still have not seen any hoopers here in the midwest. I heard several competitors comment that they wouldn't bother entering it if it was offered. Trials are usually full with the classes they do have offered and go late so no way to offer yet another class. Many competitors are also annoyed at all the rule changes. I was talking about that with someone last weekend and her comment was that Sharon's dogs are getting older so she is changing the rules so that hers can still compete. I have no idea what dogs or ages Sharon has but this person knows her so maybe there is something to it......It is also hard when they rearrange the times that they start, the order of classes, etc. even at the trial itself. I know I almost missed a class because at one trial they decided to start early because "most people were already here". We went until 10 p.m. that night BTW.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by labnpug
    We were in NADAC trials last weekend -- still have not seen any hoopers here in the midwest. I heard several competitors comment that they wouldn't bother entering it if it was offered.
    That's too bad. They don't know what they are missing. It is a really fun class because the dogs can run flat out (similar to tunnelers but you make up the course). Murray loves it.

Our NADAC shows out here almost always fill. We trial outside so our trials have to finish before dark or the classes move to the next day. That's what happened this time. They had to run tunnelers over 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by labnpug
    I was talking about that with someone last weekend and her comment was that Sharon's dogs are getting older so she is changing the rules so that hers can still compete.
    That's ok by me. There are lots of veteran dogs still competing out there, not just Sharon's, so I see nothing wrong with creating classes that older dogs can compete in. Murray will be 7 in July so I love having classes he can still compete in.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

First of all, congrats on the q's! Very nice indeed. Lydia, that was some fall! Take care of yourself.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org