Angus Novice Obedience Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angus Novice Obedience Results

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultAngus Novice Obedience Results

Are you ready? Are you sitting down?

FIRST PLACE!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh man, there aren't enough smilies to describe how I feel!

Wow. What an exciting morning!

There were six dogs. We were right in the middle. This trial was in our training building. Fortunately, I went in first to check in and saw that the building was set up completely different. Right away I was like, "Ruh roh, change in environment." Angus does not like change. So, when I brought him in he had a piece of cheese on his nose the whole way to the back ring and didn't notice a thing.

I was so nervous, it's a wonder I didn't black out. My heart was racing a mile a minute and my left hand was vibrating on my stomach as we heeled. :-[ But I did a good job (I think) of concentrating on all we talked about here, in terms of not losing any points for handling. I probably did lose a few for something or other, but I made sure not to look back for him ever and to not adjust my pace for him at all.

At one point while heeling, Angus missed a sit and just sort of wandered around in front of me and stood. ??? ANGUS! WHAT WAS THAT?!?! When the judge said forward again, I said, "Angus heel!" and just took off, hoping and PRAYING he would find where heel was and get himself there. He did.

Surprisingly, he was more laggy than forgy. ???

Figure eights went OK. I had to heel around a little while we waited for stewards. I kept his attention pretty well, but could probably have made a better effort to relax him. Figure eights went OK. He went a little wide on the outside once, and bumped me slightly on the inside once.

Stand for exam was SPOT ON GORGEOUS! I can't imagine a fault with it!

Recall looked absolutely flawless from my point of view, but Kevin said when I left him in the sit and walked away, he adjusted his butt a little. : But he did his signature dog-out-of-a-cannon recall, a very pretty front and a nice finish. Oh, but on his finish, I usually lift my left hand back to my stomach. I forgot. And he sniffed it. :

So that all went pretty well. But then...stays. Oh, I am terrified of stays. I spent a few minutes warming him up with resistance exercises, and added my own little reminder of pressing hard on his back end. Read: KEEP IT ON THE FLOOR.

I left him for the sit and walked across the ring. Oh please oh please oh please Angus. Please don't lift your butt up.

He didn't.

Then the down stays. Oh please oh please oh please, roll over on one hip for me. He did! OK, now, just please, don't roll back and forth from hip to hip. Don't sniff the floor.

He didn't.

ETA: I decided to leave him in a stay till everyone else was out of the ring or close. He did as usual...he really wanted to do that victory dance, but we managed to keep it low-key until we were at the gate.

;D

We went back in for awards, and you could have knocked me over with a feather when they announced we were first. ;D You guys, it was the coolest, coolest moment. When we left the ring, EVERYONE was coming up and congratulating us. All these faces of his instructors, smiling so big, so happy we had done it, all these people who have helped us so much over the past three years. It was just so amazing. All of these people have known Angus since the beginning. They know how hard we have worked, and how much this meant to me. I will remember those big smiles on their faces and their huge hugs forever and ever.

Man. Whatever happens tomorrow, I am so happy to have had today!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Angus Novice Obedience Results

CONGRATULATIONS! See, all the worring for nuthin'

patm is offline Senior Member

WHOO WHOO WHOO!!!! BIG CONGRATS!!!!

You have to tell us -what was his score? (it might be impolite to ask, but I'm gonna anyways ) Our instructor told us that many dogs get a little laggy at a trial because they're not quite sure what to do, so they drop back. Even dogs that forge, or that you're afraind might take a run around the ring will usually stick with you that first show or two because you're the only thing they know out there, and they're not going to leave you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh no, not impolite at all to ask. I just forgot to put it.

191 1/2

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

brody is offline Senior Member

nicely done

lagging is stress related often and you can bet your bottom dollar if you were nervous Angus was stresed!
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus
    191 1/2
    Very nice!!! WTG!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

kaytris is offline Senior Member

You've come a long way baby! NICELY done!

debjen is offline Senior Member

wooooooooohooooooooooo congrats to you both..great job

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO CONNIE AND ANGUS!!!!!

That's wicked AWESOME!!!! Way to go, you two!

I just LOVE the big grin on your face!!! CONGRATS!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast