just sent in our first open entry :)

Thread: just sent in our first open entry :)

Defaultjust sent in our first open entry :)

It's for the middle of May- we're going to hit a Kansas show on the way up to my brother's graduation. I feel like she's ready now- so I hope we hold it together until then

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: just sent in our first open entry :)

Ooo, exciting! Good luck!! ;D

I can't even imagine Open at this point :P

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Good luck. Do your best. Don't worry if it doesn't all stay together. They call Open the "heartbreak" class. I know two dogs that got their open titles in three shows. And I know many many dogs that took many many NQ's to get there. I think the average is 15 shows to finish your CDX? It took me and Ruger 17 or 18. I can't remember for sure anymore. We got the first two legs back to back over a weekend. Then it all fell apart and it literally took me two years to finish him.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Good Luck! No way could I have ever done that with Moose at such a young age - you are doing so great!

We are a long ways a way from Open. Right now the dumbbell just seems so hard to me.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Good luck!!!

That's sooo exciting!! I don't imagine I'll be sending any Open entries for Henery any time soon!!

patm is offline Senior Member

Cool Beans! I was thinking of entering Emilu in a lab specialty in May for Open, but have pretty much decided that it will be for a Rally RAE leg - we just aren't quite ready for prime time yet :P

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Good luck. Do your best. Don't worry if it doesn't all stay together. They call Open the "heartbreak" class. I know two dogs that got their open titles in three shows. And I know many many dogs that took many many NQ's to get there. I think the average is 15 shows to finish your CDX? It took me and Ruger 17 or 18. I can't remember for sure anymore. We got the first two legs back to back over a weekend. Then it all fell apart and it literally took me two years to finish him.
    Yep, I've experienced a little of both the above. Rosa, now 9, did her CDX in 3 straight before she turned 3 and I was blown away! 8) I think her grams took 6 (pass, pass, flunk, flunk, flunk, pass). My nerves, most likely caused the 3 NQs!
    I had started her mom (my first to try Open with) 2x before getting it right-- failed many a DOR w/ Gala first! ;D Mata finished hers last fall at 2.5 and probably ~7 or 8 trials as she began to lay down on her long sit, but handily beat her 2 4yo half sibs who *still* need 1 Q a piece. Maybe the April shows will be magic for Fuji ("the what shall I choose to flunk today?" girl!). Jazz just blessed me w/ an early season after I mailed the entries, but at least it was prior to the shows closing this time! Maybe May for her... lol. Hey, I can dream. : I'm excited to get back at it though.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014