Front and Finish ratings discontinued

Thread: Front and Finish ratings discontinued

DefaultFront and Finish ratings discontinued

From the Front and Finish website:

Ratings To Be Discontinued

We regret to inform the fancy that we have decided to discontinue our rating system program as part of our reorganization process. This decision is based wholly on economic factors and not by choice! In the early days of F&F our ratings data was collected and tabulated by a large group of volunteers. As technology developed we moved to a computerized system which could provide improved breakdowns to the fancy. Unfortunately due to the increased costs involved in obtaining the records, maintaining the data, and publishing the breakdowns, we have no choice but to make this decision. In addition to economic factors this problem is further exacerbated by a declining interest in obedience. According to the AKC, obedience entries have been on a steady decline averaging a 1.4% decrease per year since 1999. Given the increasing costs involved in producing these breakdowns against declining interest, we simply cannot afford to continue this service. This decision only affects our rating system breakdowns and not the FFX Awards. We will continue to offer these recognitions.

Within the next few days we will begin to purge the rating system data from our web site. We deeply regret this necessary choice. As well, we understand that some will be highly discouraged by this news. By diverting the monies used for publishing ratings back into our publication, we can provide significantly improved support for the fancy in many other ways. At this time we are seeking input from all sources to determine the best course in this regard. If you have any thoughts on this matter we would be very interested to hear them!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Front and Finish ratings discontinued

Not too surprised by this. The past couple of years they've not really been on the ball with the ratings stuff.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Bet they'll loose subscriptions!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Just went in and sent my comments.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Bummer!! I think 2007 was the first year my Shamrock would have been included. In fact, F&F was going to be my next stop after the Forum. I understand economic conditions may have forced the decision, but those who are still competing in Obedience seemed to look forward to the ratings.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon