Labrador Bathroom Re-do
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labrador Bathroom Re-do

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultLabrador Bathroom Re-do

Hey, just wanted to post this here so those of you who don't frequent other parts of the forum can see my bathroom redo.

I am nearly finished with my "labrador" bathroom redo. I still have to put up the baseboard and some trim work. But here is how it's looking. I really like it. It's fun! Sorry, I didn't take "before" photos (my bathroom was really, really hideous and in need of some TLC).

Here is a pic of the door closed. A friend gave me the metal sign with the black labs on it. I just knew I had to use it somewhere. Also the trim wood around the door is new. I ripped off the old trim. Also, my towel bars are labradors with ducks in their mouths. My sister got me these for Christmas and again, I just had to use them!

I had a cabinet over the toilet. I took it down and put up shelving instead. The sinktop and faucet is new as well...

I decided to keep the existing tile around the tub, but I did regrout it. What a chore. Then, to make it a bit more jazzy, I mounted a labrador coaster and framed it out with decorative stone.

The main light switch right inside the door is a double switch but there is nothing on the one side of it except wires. So, my solution to not having just holes in the switch plate was to fasten some cute doggy embelishments there...

My new mirror and light fixture. I tore off the old medicine cabinet.

Here is the complete tub/surround. I wanted to spice up the existing tile a bit so I bought the stone pieces and surrounded the entire surround with it. I think it kicked it up a notch! The shower liner is clear. I still need to make a shower curtain. I'm looking for a brown color material to tie some of the browns together.

And last but not least, I put down a new floor...

The color is not coming across really good in these shots, the bathroom is a very very soft yellow, and the woodwork it a carmel brown.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Labrador Bathroom Re-do

WOW LIINDA! Was that the bathroom I used when I was there?! It is stunning! You certainly are talented!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Yes, Susan, that was the bathroom you used. I was embarrassed! I had to fix it up. I re-did mom's bathroom last summer and once I did, I absolutely hated my old bathroom. I LOVE it now. It's so sweet!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Very nice ...... You are very talented!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

patm is offline Senior Member

VERY, VERY NICE! ;D

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Linda, that bath was not that bad before you redid it. I will say it's gorgeous now. I love it. I think the towel holders are just great. Is that one of the coasters someone we know gave you for Christmas? What a great use for them. You have a great imagination. Well done.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

That looks so AWESOME! You have always been so handy and talented.

I want to do a Lab themed guest bedroom but SU has vetoed it so far. I'm still working on him.

patm is offline Senior Member

I have a "dog friend" who is an excellent decorator. She has a "lab bathroom" too, and one thing she did that I thought was so clever, was to take tiny little dog collars and put them around the hand towels hanging in the bathroom - kinda like napkins holders. You could still use the towel, just had to leave it on the rack.

I like it!! Thanks for sharing!
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs

I want to do a Lab themed guest bedroom but SU has vetoed it so far. I'm still working on him.
    Same here. Lydia!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast