Amber
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amber

DefaultAmber

I think I broke Amber. Last night in agility we started off doing just a simple jump chute with tunnels on both ends. the first run through went fine but on the second run through we started with the tunnel and she ran in the tunnel and about 1/2 way thru she yelps. She comes out of the tunnel a bit slow so I stop her and check all her feet and toes thinking she had pinched one or possibly cut one on a broken wire or something. She checks out fine and is walking around like nothing happened. I restart her into the tunnel and this time as soon as she hits the curve part she yelps and comes out of the tunnel limping on her left front foot. She is putting weight on it but is doing the head bobing limp gait at a walk. She is on Pain and anti-inflamatory's now so we will see in a few days how she is, but I have a feeling this might be really bad.

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Amber

Oh no, I hope its nothing serious, and she's on the mend real soon.

Aww no, poor Amber Boo has had weird little sore moments like that before, always went away with time. Hope she starts feeling better!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Did you check in and under the tunnel for maybe something she was stepping on and thus hurting her foot?

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Sending good thoughts for Amber - I sure hope it isn't anything too serious.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I wonder if she twisted funny in the corner. Make sure she rests, too. I know most dogs will run around some if they have had some pain meds, so keep her quiet. If she doesn't improve find a good vet who works on performance dogs. Not all vets understand what our dogs go through as competition dogs.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Oh no! Are you training outside? If so, did you check for a scorpion in the tunnel? We have that issue where we train and are constantly warned not to stick our arms in the tunnels to move them. Even found one on the A-frame once. :-X I hope Amber is feeling better soon and doesn't have any lasting tunnel issues.

brody is offline Senior Member

aw I hoep she heals fast

I would have crawled through the tunnel myself .. but not if there were scorpions around I guess !yipes we all have our challenges
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

debjen is offline Senior Member

Hope she is okay

Well Amber is doing better now, but is still limping but just slightly. It definately isn't her foot it is either her elbow or shoulder or one of those muscles. She wasn't entered in anything for a while so she will have plenty of time to rest up and get better.

Kelly and Amber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast