Sun/Mon show results

Thread: Sun/Mon show results

DefaultSun/Mon show results

Well Sun Utility was a repeat of Sat. No Q. Murray stood and looked at me like he'd never seen a down signal before. I gave it a 2nd time. Still stared at me. Finally had to give a verbal (the judge was awesome to let me train in the ring like that). Everything else was good. Go outs were nice and straight right down the middle. On the first one, Murray turned but stood there. As I was holding my breath thinking he might not stay, someone in the next ring screamed "SIT!" to their dog and Murray plopped his butt down. ;D 2nd go out he sat when told.

Sun was a tough day for us in agility. I had multiple ring conflicts in agility all day. I started the day off in Open JWW early in the day when the grass was still very wet with dew. I crashed and burned doing a front cross. Just as I started the cross, my feet flew out from under me and landed on my knees hard Of course Murray hurried over to jump on me and give me kisses. I can't believe the judge gave us a refusal for that move. Jumpers conflicted with the Exc Std walk thru so I missed that and decided to walk at the end of the class. I was able to walk but when I was supposed to run I was running in the FAST ring which took precedence. Then they told me I had to wait for the next Std class to finish. It took all day to finally run that dang std course and we NQd to top it off. : We got the send in FAST but Murray was taking his sweet time so the buzzer rang before we got out of the send area. We didn't have enough points any way because Murray was poking around.

Mon was the worst day of all in Utility. Murray just wasn't in the game at all and the judge was a real stickler. He told me to give the down signal and Murray looked away as I gave it. Then instead of telling me to down Murray he told me to give him a sit signal. I wasn't about to do that so I didn't give any signal at all. That really miffed the judge. My friend's dog did the same thing but she gave a down signal instead of a sit like the judge requested and that REALLY tweaked him. Murray did everything else fine including both go outs with sits.

Open JWW was first again today...at little later in the morning thankfully. Murray had a beautiful run and got a Q and 1st place. Next was EXC Fast and I knew we didn't have a chance in hell for the send (12 weaves from 15' away, out jump, out jump at about 17' away) so we just goofed around. Exc Std was last and Murray was doing really well until I gave him some mixed signals and cause 2 refusals. He went off course on his own though according to those watching us. My tunnel sucking dog took the A-frame instead of the tunnel that was under it. Who'da thunk? :

I was extremely pleased with Murray's agility efforts this weekend. However, he's going to boot camp for the obedience stuff and his @$$ is mine. A friend convinced me to show him in Tucson in a couple of weeks so we've got a lot of work to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sun/Mon show results

I still don't know how you run around like you do at a trial. It would drive me totally insane and I'd have ulcers!

Congrats on the agility runs. Wow, sending to weaves... my dogs will never do that one either

Murray has done sends to the weaves in Open FAST which always thrilled me beyond belief. This was the first time to see them in Exc FAST and the send is quite a bit further away but I thought he "might" surprise me and get them. It was just a bit too far today.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Personally I could not do both like that! You are amazing!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org