Getting a dog in for training. What AM I getting into!?

Thread: Getting a dog in for training. What AM I getting into!?

DefaultGetting a dog in for training. What AM I getting into!?

Am I missing something here?

I am taking a dog in for training. (April I hope, if not sooner) It is "about" one year old. Mostly lab, maybe a bit of Shepard (but who knows, the guy has never had a dog before). His cousin found the dog about 3 weeks ago, running loose. Cousin can not keep the dog. Unknown reasons other than cousin has another dog and does not have the time.

The owner called last night and said he had it for one day. Said Maggie (the dog) runs away. He wanted to bring the dog right out to me. He does not have time for training classes. He wants "basic" obedience on the dog. I suggested he keep it at least for a month to get an idea of what he wanted accomplished with the dog.

Oiy. I hope he was listening when I told him HE has to be trained also........

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Getting a dog in for training. What AM I getting into!?

And here I was getting all excited to find out that you had that magic push button training down. People never cease to amaze me.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Getting a dog in for training. What AM I getting into!?

Have fun Karen! I had a private client a while back who was having me work their dog three times a week. In between times they did everything I told them not to do and they wondered why the dog would listen to me and not them! At least she listened to me so they knew she was learning. Geez!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org