Go Rocky!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Rocky!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultGo Rocky!

I just had to share this with people who may understand!

I posted awhile back needing tips to get Rocky going in flyball. He's very mellow and lacks drive. He was doing it but...there was no rush. This is just his personality, he's laid back. He doesn't bark. Does things at his own pace (which is great in the house).

but boy has he turned around! Since the holidays he's really been getting it. More than that, HE WANTS TO DO IT! this weekend he has started barking and whining at the starting line to go! this is a miracle, I never expected this! His drive has increased, he seems happy. (knock on wood to not jinx this).

I have no idea what brought this on. I have had a foster (well, now I have a second one) since the holidays. no idea if this could have an impact (both fosters are much more energetic than he is, my current foster, an ACD mix, has LOTS of drive and constantly gets Rocky to wrestle in the house).
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Go Rocky!

WAY TO GO!

He may be more motivated with the fosters

he may just be more relaxed about the JOY of flyball.. I know Brody happily plays whatever I want but its only been in the last couple of months he's really confident enough to be DRIVEY at a trial

I'm delighted for you both!
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

YAY Rocky!! That's awesome, Tanya! WOOOT!!!

How did you get started in flyball? I'm always looking for new fun things to do with Henery...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BARK BARK BARK

what did you say HM? started in flyball?

invest in ear plugs

there are local clubs that runs classes around Toronto - I'm sure there are some your way too

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

debjen is offline Senior Member

That's great..love to see the dogs getting into whatever we are doing with them

Very cool! I think when dogs are unsure of what is expected, they don't let their drive kick in. Once they understand the game...watch out! At least that's how it has been with everything I do with Murray.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone We've been at this for so long compared to other people in flyball (who compete within the first year) it's good to see him enjoying it and showing potential to compete! Part of me thinks it could have something to do with having another dog around (I joked that if he didn't improve I'd trade him in for a dog that would LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    YAY Rocky!! That's awesome, Tanya! WOOOT!!!

How did you get started in flyball? I'm always looking for new fun things to do with Henery...

I took a basic obedience class and the coach of my current team came and talked about flyball. SHe was offering classes in the summer and I decided to go. Tada - i'm a flyball freak

There is a team in London, probably more. Generally to get started you take classes offered by a team. Beware, classes are given to raise money for the team (which is fine, we all do it). Because of this some team will give a course for one-timers. They fast track the steps so that the dogs can run a heat by the end of the 6-8wk course and this can be a DISASTER if you plan to possibly continue. It can take years to correct a bad behavior. Unfortunately, sometimes the learning process is slow and by the end of the class you may only be doing some recalls on the hurdles and a turn around the cone.

flyball in ontario:
    http://www.flyball.org/getstarted/ontario.html

another club locator:
    http://www.u-fli.com/clublocator.php
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

That's great news! Glad to hear that Rocky is in to it!

I find my kids have much more get up and go when I bring both dogs to class, so I can definitely see the competitive nature in them, I be Rock's feeling the same way!

kaytris is offline Senior Member

<psstt... henry... agility agility agility >

way to go Rocky!

yah Henry - whats wrong with agility :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast