For Instructors (or anyone selling anything)

Thread: For Instructors (or anyone selling anything)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultFor Instructors (or anyone selling anything)

Just wanted to put a mention out here. I recently put a notice up on craigslist about my upcoming training sessions, and I've gotten more interest than EVER from a newspaper ad. I'm amazed. If I even get one or two new students out of it, it will be well worth it. (craigslist is free).

If you own a training school or teach or even offer something like pet sitting, try craigslist.

I also just sold my Bowflex and a Brass bed. Things that I would never even have gotten calls on from newspaper ads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: For Instructors (or anyone selling anything)

Interesting. I have never looked at it before.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Just wanted to put a mention out here. I recently put a notice up on craigslist about my upcoming training sessions, and I've gotten more interest than EVER from a newspaper ad. I'm amazed. If I even get one or two new students out of it, it will be well worth it. (craigslist is free).

If you own a training school or teach or even offer something like pet sitting, try craigslist.

I also just sold my Bowflex and a Brass bed. Things that I would never even have gotten calls on from newspaper ads.
    I did put something on Craig's list (as well as updated it a few times) last year about my classes but didn't get any response. However I rescued Buster (one of my pugs) through Craig's list about 18 months ago. The guy got 30 some e-mails about him in a few hours and was pretty freaked out on the huge response so when I e-mailed him telling him I was with Pug Rescue, that it wasn't safe to give away a pet as there are people looking for dogs for the wrong reasons and offering to help place Buster as well as giving him a phone number, he called me over the others. We had Buster for a couple of days and realized he needed to stay here. He had some baggage (we were his 4th home in 16 months) but is now in agility class and showing some promise there.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I think craigslist probably depends on your area. It seems to be pretty widely read in my neck of the woods. I've gotten 11 people who have replied to my upcoming classes. Of course, they are only replying to be on my mailing list, but like I said, I've never gotten this kind of response from our newspaper ads. Most of my students come from word of mouth, but it will be interesting to see if any of the craiglisters do end up coming out for classes