obedience match

Thread: obedience match

Defaultobedience match

We had another match this weekend. Murray was entered once in Utility and he did a really awesome job. The ring was sided by 2 conformation rings and one rally ring so it was extremely distracting and I was able to get in a couple of really good corrections for lack of attention.

Meghan and Essy had 2 novice runs. The first one Meghan was too afraid to correct Essy so Essy got away with a lot of stuff. My OTCH training buddy talked to Meghan between runs and showed her what she wanted Meghan to do so the 2nd run was much better. She even took Essy for a short while and worked her. Meghan leaned over to me and said "THAT is NOT Essy." ;D She did look pretty awesome with my friend.

Meghan is finally out of her walking boot for her sprain so the real work begins now. We've got a lot of work to do in a short amount of time. We have another match next weekend then shows for the following 2 weekends. I took lots of pictures but haven't downloaded them yet. I'll post some here once I get them downloaded.

Meghan also has a NADAC jr handler agility trial next weekend so we're also trying to get her ankle and Essy's lazy butt back into shape to compete.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: obedience match

Sounds like you have a lot of events on the horizon. I hope Meghan's ankle gets stronger fast. Is there any PT you can do to help her along with that?

Please post some of the photos, I always enjoy seeing Murray and Essy in action!

HA! Meghan's been in PT 3x/wk for well over a year now. At this point, I've probably paid for the entire facility. She broke the arch of her right foot and was in PT for 4 months. They released her, thought all was well then she rebroke it in the same place several months later. She went back into PT for another 4 months and just finished in Dec. Then she sprained her left ankle on her new ripstick (a new style of skateboard) a few days after Christmas so back to PT...last day will be this Fri. She told the guys at PT that she just really missed them. ;D They told her she could just stop by and say hi she didn't have to injure herself. She knows all the exercises without any help from them. They teased her and said she was trying to take their jobs. They are very good with her. She wears a special brace for PE and agility (prevents lateral movement). I told her I'm buying a plastic bubble for her to live in since she can't stop getting injured.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

OMG, I didn't know all that. Poor thing. I sure hope she mends 100% and can get back into full action soon. Don't buy her any more skateboards :P