LRC Piedmont -- hanging out with the judges...

Thread: LRC Piedmont -- hanging out with the judges...

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultLRC Piedmont -- hanging out with the judges...

Carol and Jon Mett were at the show. Carol was showing her lab, Hunter. There were only a handful of us doing Obedience so it was fantastic just enjoying the company all weekend long. Carol and Jon are so nice! They were really cheering for us. Carol commented both days that Ruger has a wonderful attitude and that from what she see's it's just a matter of him being a green dog, that he is trying but getting confused. She told me "I'd take a confused green dog any day over one that simply doesn't give an effort."

Anyway, they both gave me a good deal of ribbing about hanging out with the conformation folks (I went to the hospitality dinner with my breeder, kinda had too you know... Jon and Carol had invited me and some mutual friends of ours from Hilton Head to go to dinner. I wished I had gone with them, but that's life

On Sunday morning Carol said to me, "What is that HIT trophy, it looks like an urn." A couple of the other obedience folks agreed, it was a wooden urn to put cremains in.

Well, I walked over to the trophy table later and opened it up, and it wasn't an urn (although it REALLY did look like one) but inside it had all these dividers and you could put 4 x 6 photos in it.

Lo and Behold, Carol won HIT on Sunday. OMG, you should have seen her face when they presented her with the "urn". I about peeded myself. When she came out of the ring I rushed over and told her it wasn't an urn at all and opened it to show her. Everyone had a good chuckle over that one.

It was a great show, fantastic venue, decent motel, and a lot of fun. I really liked hanging with Jon and Carol, they are super sweet people. Wish I could show under them more often but they haven't been judging in our area lately.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: LRC Piedmont -- hanging out with the judges...

I have shown under John a couple of times and really liked him. I've met his wife and talked with her. Very nice people!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

How fun! I think I would have done dinner with them! They are such nice people. Glad you had a great time. Love that Carol got HIT!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HAHA!!! Luv the story about the urn. I can only imagine her face. ;D