YIPPEE!!! First rally advanced/excellent class tonight! :)

Thread: YIPPEE!!! First rally advanced/excellent class tonight! :)

DefaultYIPPEE!!! First rally advanced/excellent class tonight! :)

Oh, it felt so good to be back in a training hall!!! LOL! We haven't been, since the middle of December. I was going through some serious withdrawal!

We're doing our Rally Advanced/Excellent classes with a different instructor than our obedience classes (schedules didn't jive). She's a blast!

Henery had sooo much fun. It was so rewarding for me to see him having such a good ol' time and further reinforced my hunch that Henery may be my rally dog and that I'll have to hold off any lofty obedience goals until our puppy comes. He enjoys obedience classes, but not like this. I haven't seen him this happy in class for a loooong time. However, we haven't started our Open classes yet, and he does looooove to jump and retrieve!

Others in the class had come up through this instructor's school so we were the only odd pair out. Everyone made us feel sooo very welcome though, and she had such kind words. The best though was when she remarked about how well Henery moves his back end... this is a dog who didn't know what was behind his front legs until less than a year ago, when we started training with Marie!

Woohoo!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: YIPPEE!!! First rally advanced/excellent class tonight! :)

What fun! Sounds like you had an excellent class tonight. I'm glad Henry is enjoying it so much. I use Rally to help alleviate the stress in the ring when I'm competing in Utility. And it has helped Ruger SO much. Keep that in mind as you continue training!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Oh, and I forgot .... when is the new puppy coming? I don't think I've heard about this yet. Congrats!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hopefully (fingers, toes, paws crossed) she'll be making her arrival sometime in early August, and coming home in October. We're hoping for a yellow obedience girlie, out of Melissa's Ruby!

debjen is offline Senior Member

Sounds like everyone had some fun..

Rally is really good for enhancing your obedience performance. It's great because you can talk to the dog but it isn't required. As you progress thru the levels, try to minimize your chatter but definitely use it when needed (when he gets distracted or you need to correct). That way he doesn't become ring wise and when you go into obedience, where you can't talk, he won't know that you can't talk or make him retry things.

As you progress thru the levels, try to minimize your chatter but definitely use it when needed (when he gets distracted or you need to correct). That way he doesn't become ring wise and when you go into obedience, where you can't talk, he won't know that you can't talk or make him retry things.
    Thanks Lydia! That's a great tip. I do tend to chatter to him a LOT esp during trials... my nerves, I'm sure of it!