New agility classes..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New agility classes..

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultNew agility classes..

Cedar started classes last week after a month off. He jumped back in with a bang..was doing channel weaves that were pretty close without hesitation..I was always afraid he wouldn't work well at a distance but we did 3 straight jumps to a curved tunnel to a table..we were working on rear crosses at the tunnel...I was doing rear crosses between the 2nd and 3rd jumps because he was driving to the tunnel so good...*G*..(of course I need another tunnel suck dog..LOL)..we had a little more problem when we did the reverse ..he didn't complete the jumps but came to my side instead..I was probably giving him to much distance in that case as he didn't have anything but jumps to drive too...so we will work on that...He loves the teeter and has no problems with any of the equipment.....overall I'm pleased with how he is progressing.

Robbie after missing last weeks class due to his pancreatitis attack he had a GREAT class this week..we have been off for over a month and we did no agility..so tonight in class Robbie was really excited to be back..We had very few run offs and those that we had were very short and he came right back..he never tried to get out of the arena even tho he had a perfect opportunity of one jump to the teeter the gate was right in front of him.. but he went right to the teeter as I directed..we also were doing layering of obstacles..he had such a great pinwheel at a distance that I was so excited I forgot where to go next..LOL..and he did a really nice set of 12 weaves (and a few not so perfect) but since we had totally lost our weaves before we ended our last session I was very happy...

Anyway he had a great time and I was very happy with his work..**G*G*G

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: New agility classes..

sounds like a great night! now do you run all three dogs the same class? or is riley sitting these classes out?

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris
    sounds like a great night! now do you run all three dogs the same class? or is riley sitting these classes out?
    Riley is retired so he stays home..when I start teaching classes on saturdays (if the snow ever goes away) he'll go with me then for some play time..right now Cedar and Robbie are in different classes..eventually they will probably be in the same class but probably not until the end of this year...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I bet it feels great to be back in action! Wow, I am envious of your distance work. Nice going. Do you do USDAA? Distance really comes in handy for Gamblers work

brody is offline Senior Member

;D

good work!
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    I bet it feels great to be back in action! Wow, I am envious of your distance work. Nice going. Do you do USDAA? Distance really comes in handy for Gamblers work
    We do AKC..I would eventually like to try some additional venues but right now I don't trial enough so would rather stick with one venue.

brody is offline Senior Member

are there any games in akc?

I only know aac and cpe as venues- I love hearing about the differences
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Well the distance work will come in handy in the FAST class then ;D

Quote Originally Posted by conrad
    are there any games in akc?

I only know aac and cpe as venues- I love hearing about the differences
    AKC does the Fast class which I guess is kind of like the Gambler's class.

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Well the distance work will come in handy in the FAST class then ;D
    It has ..LOL..it's the only class he's ever Q'd in..he likes to make up his own courses..He has 2 Novice fast Q's .. so Fast will probably be his first title..*G*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast