Graduate Beginner Class -- update

Thread: Graduate Beginner Class -- update

Shane23 is offline Senior Member

DefaultGraduate Beginner Class -- update

Well, class went well Friday night. There are only six dogs in our class, so it's nice and small. We haven't been in class since mid October, so we have a long way to go yet.

Although I was horrified when someone asked me if Shane was a "mixed breed"!!! I was good and just said that "no he was not", then someone else asked me if he was a Golden retriever. I said "no he really is a Labrador". They thought he was a mixed breed because he was so thick and stocky.
    Laura

Summerlin's Inspired by Armani CD (Shane)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Graduate Beginner Class -- update

man if I had a nickle for everytime somebody got one of my "breeds" wrong I'd be a bazillionaire

the little dude in my sig picture is a good example

llaso? tibetan? havanese?

sorry he be a shmaltipoo as far as I know

I hear you on the first reaction being to get your nose out of joint tho ..people are too funny to bother with tho so don't waste time being horrifed no insult is intended and there are some very nice mixed breeds out there :P

and so glad class went well
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I bet it feels great to be back in class.
    Your dog looks exactly like a Labrador. What is it with some people???

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

Your dog looks exactly like a Labrador.
    And that's the problem - most labs people see are from BYB's and are all over the place in how they look. People either ask me what kind of dog Emilu is, or say that she is really overweight - she is a little chunky, but I always say that she is from conformation lines and they are more stocky. One nice lady , who had labs herself, didn't know what "conformation" meant and admitted she thought to herself "and what religion IS the dog!"? And by the way - have fun in class! ;D

lol the best comment I recieved was a couple that came up to me when Amber was 14 months old and looked even less like a lab should. They told me they really liked the way Amber looked and wanted to get a lab just like her. I told them that she wasn't a very good looking lab and pointed to the two beautiful labs standing behind me who both had CH's I explained that those were what labs should look like and proceded to point out all the things wrong with Amber confirmation wise. They listened politely and went and looked at the other labs and talked to the owners and then came back and asked if they could get the name of Ambers breeder because they really wanted one that looked and acted just like her. I explained that the place I got Amber was infact a puppy mill and that they could get a lab like her from the pound with a bit of looking. I think they were a bit upset by my refusal to tell them the puppy mill I got Amber from.. I still wonder if this is the right course of action on my part.

Kelly and Amber