Well crap...I mean YEA!!!!

Thread: Well crap...I mean YEA!!!!

DefaultWell crap...I mean YEA!!!!

OK...yesterday was 70 and sunny. People were running agility barefoot and wearing t-shirts and shorts. Today was wet, windy, cold, down right miserable. Yuk!! I needed a small boat to get to my truck because it rained so much that a river started running thru the park between my set up and the parking lot.

It was one of those miserable kinds of days that only die hard agility junkies would put up with so of course that meant Murray and I were there huddled under the tent trying to stay warm and dry. I'm sitting there thinking how insane this all is and thanking God that Meghan wasn't with me then Murray had an absolutely beautiful Open standard run and made it all worthwhile. He ran clean and finished 16 seconds ahead of the course time giving him 1st place and his first Open Standard Q...or so I thought. :-\

After I got home, peeled off all my soaking wet clothes and took a hot shower, I checked my email and saw that the official results from the Wags for Wishes trial last weekend have been posted. I thought that trial had been a complete bust but Murray had ended up with 2 Open Standard legs (and two second places) so today's leg was actually his Open title! ;D I didn't even know to pick up a titling ribbon...and they were so pretty too.

It's ironic that on Sat I had been talking to a friend who was up from Tucson for the trial obedience and she mentioned that she was surprised to find out that she had gotten legs at Wags and that I should check. I laughed and said "nah, Wags was a bust for us." We both had forgotten that you could still Q in standard with less than 100 pts. Both of Murray's runs were 95 pts. Woohoo! Moving on to Excellent Standard at the March shows. Now we just have to get out of Open Jumpers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well crap...I mean YEA!!!!

Congrats on the TITLE!!! That is a pleasant surprise, even though you found out too late to get your ribbon.
    I'm so glad Murray is running well again and feeling better too!!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the new title!! ;D Could the club mail you a ribbon?
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lcspt
    Could the club mail you a ribbon?
    I'm trying to decide if I should ask. The show secretary was a real BEOTCH when I had to scratch Essy and I asked for refund. :

brody is offline Senior Member

like you could help her being in heat...

if she was a beetch for sure ask
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller