frustrating (vent about rude agility people)

Thread: frustrating (vent about rude agility people)

Defaultfrustrating (vent about rude agility people)

At our club, members have access to the building 24/7- you just key in and put in the pass code (the building consists of three rooms (a front utility size obed. ring/room with lots of space around it for crates, a back agility room, and a room with the office/bathrooms, kitchen that then leads into three fields: two agility and one obedience). However, you understand that other people teach classes in the building, have show n' gos in the building, etc, in the building- you just check the schedule or be prepared to work around it.

There was 1) nothing on the schedule for today 2) my trainer that owns the building said there was nothing going on there all weekend- so a group of us got together to use the obedience ring.

They ended up having winter league in the back agility room this morning- which was fine- had they not been so freaking rude about it. > The agility room has it's own separate entrance. Why would you cut through the obedience ring with your four offleash dogs while people are doing go-outs instead of walking around it or walking into the agility room? Why would you drop a folding table into the middle of obedience room when the six of us are doing sit stays? Why would you let your dog reactive border collie nose up to every crate? Why would you attempt to lecture everyone on the evils of pinch collars while your Schipperke drags you around (why is it your business how other people train)? Why would you throw a squeaky toy in to the obedience ring?

Seriously.. I like the distractions that other people/dogs provide. I don't like dealing with ignorant people though. >

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: frustrating (vent about rude agility people)

It sounds like they were trying to sabotage your training by your description. I would hope that wasn't the case. Where I teach the obedience and agility instructors will sub for each other and take each other's classes. We are very aware of training issues in both venues and respect each other.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

DefaultRe: frustrating (vent about rude agility people)

Quote Originally Posted by lcspt
    Where I teach the obedience and agility instructors will sub for each other and take each other's classes. We are very aware of training issues in both venues and respect each other.
    Here, we have a lot of people that do obedience and cross over and do agility but not a lot of people that are agility people and then cross over- if that makes sense.