OMG!!!! I'm such an idiot. I'm so embarrassed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG!!!! I'm such an idiot. I'm so embarrassed.

DefaultOMG!!!! I'm such an idiot. I'm so embarrassed.

This weekend we have agility trials both days plus obedience today at the same park. Of course agility is as far away as possible from the obedience rings...about 1/2 mile (opposite end of a huge park).

I dropped off Murray and all of our stuff at our agility set up, then walked over to obedience to check in and scratch Meghan & Essy from their novice debut (Essy is still in heat and Meghan has a sprained ankle). I watched about half of utility runs to see the pattern, set up positions, and cheer on my friends. Then walked back to my agility set up to get Murray and check on the agility rings. I only have 30 min until I run so I'm hoping I can get thru Utility first (we are #15 of 15 UA dogs). I get to my tent and see that I not only didn't lock Murray's x-pen, I didn't even close it. Murray was such a good boy and had laid there all that time just waiting for me to come back.

I open up my article bag and take out my extra articles since I don't have any place to leave them at obedience, grab Murray, then head back to obedience. I get back in time for us to warm up and go in the ring.

We start with signals which Murray promptly NQs (sat on the down). Pressure is off. Now I'm just wanting to get thru this as quickly as possible so I can get to the agility ring before I miss my class. Next is articles. I set Murray up and watch the steward dump out the articles. 1-2-3-4-5-6...WTH?! The judge says "it looks like you are missing some articles." Crap! I must have taken out my extras at home so the ones I took out today were ones we needed. Crap! Crap!! Double Crap!!! >

The judge says "you're excused..." and I sigh in relief because I need to get back to agility and we had already NQd anyway. As I try to thank her for her time she finishes the sentence..."to get your articles." What? Did I hear her right? She repeated "go get your other articles. I'll wait." I lost all ability to communicate as I blubbered something about my set up being at the other end of the park and I'm the last dog so no one else can show while they wait for me but she insists and holds the entire damn ring for ME! :-[ I hand Murray off to a friend while mumbling something about either dying from embarrassment or lack of oxygen and sprint the 1/2 mile to the articles then sprint back. Now I'm doubled over wheezing and gasping for air as I set up Murray for articles. My commands are like "huh huh huh heel" "f huhhuhhuh etch". We some how make it thru the rest of the exercises with a very nice run and without me passing out.

Afterwards the judge says "you'll only do that (forget articles) once. " Then she tells me she had done the same thing so not to be too embarrassed. Too late. :-[ I went back to talk to my friends and explain what happened and they laughed. One said she had forgotten her articles 3 times. I hurry back to our set up, make sure I lock Murray in his ex-pen then run to the agility ring to walk the course. It was a fun day. :

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: OMG!!!! I'm such an idiot. I'm so embarrassed.

what a way to start your day - did it throw you off in agility too?

I'd love to hear about the agility runs too

cheers
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

lcspt is offline Senior Member

My instructor forgot her articles last summer ....... I learned from her mistake and double check and triple check before we leave and then I am constantly counting my articles!! ;D Think I am obsessed?!!!? :
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

No Qs in agility either but we had some really nice runs...particularly Excellent FAST. It was a tough course and we dropped a bar on the triple jump in a 10 pt jump sequence so we didn't get enough pts but Murray did the send which was awesome as far as I was concerned.

Murray dropped a bar in Open JWW too because I was racing him (if I cut corners or get too far ahead he flattens his jumps to catch up). This was the first class after the utility fiasco so I think I was just wanting to save as many steps as possible. His weaves were great though.

Open Standard was weird. He refused the teeter. He ran by it. Then I got him back to try it again and he got all 4 feet on then jumped off so the judge sent us on. He was clean otherwise including another good set of weaves and all other contacts. We've never had a teeter issue so I have no idea what got into him. I'm calling it a fluke right now. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Busy day!

what is "FAST"?

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I just don't know how you do it. I would be so stressed out doing all that in one day. Your one tough cookie!

Thanks for the good chuckle about the articles. I bet you never do forget them again, LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris

what is "FAST"?
    FAST is AKCs version of Gamblers. FAST stands for Fifteen (obstacles) and Send Time. There are 15 total obstacles on the course. They all have various pt values associated with them (from 1-10). You have to accumulate 50 pts in Nov, 55 in Open and 60 in Excellent in your allotted time. At some point during your run, you have to also complete a distance challenge (a send to a sequence of obstacles). Nov send line is ~5'-10' away, Open is ~10'-15', Excellent is ~15'-20'. The send obstacles have pt values as well but if you complete the send, you get an additional 20 bonus pts. You must complete the send in order to qualify. There is no set course except the send sequence. It's fun to see how the different handlers run the course.

In talking to several of the experienced excellent level people (working on MXF), they say that AKC has changed something in FAST because it used to be not whether you "could" accumulate enough pts but how fast you could hit all 15 obstacles. Now you're lucky if you can get enough pts in the allotted time. Very few people qualify now because of the change (not sure if it was time that changed or how the obstacles are positioned) and no one gets all 15 obstacles. I know the last several Excellent courses we've run have all the high pt value obstacles going the wrong way so there is no flowing course. You hit one, double back, hit another, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    I just don't know how you do it. I would be so stressed out doing all that in one day. Your one tough cookie!
    Today was a piece of cake. Remember I said I had to scratch Meghan and Essy from obedience and agility. Just imagine how much more chaotic it could have been. ;D

patm is offline Senior Member

OH MY GOSH! That would have just about done me in! You did REALY GOOD! I was at a show once where a friend of mine was showing in her first Open class with her GSD. She was next and had her dumbell at the steward table, when they decided to stop and do long sits and downs (not sure why, maybe too many to do at one time and they did the dogs that had already showed?) So she took her dumbell back to her crate. Well, of course, when it came time to do their retrieves, she didn't have her dumbell because she forgot to bring it back. She was flustered, and I knew where her crate was, so I ran to see if I could find the dumbell. Meanwhile, another women went out and brought back what she thought was my friends dumbell, and then I showed up with her dumbell. Just a momentary laspe - NOTHING like what happend to you

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Oh Lydia! Linda told me about this! It's funny but I have always checked my articles before I leave for a show and when I am packing up. Yep, bet you won't forget your articles again!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Okay, that was just too funny. Sounds like you had a nice judge w/ a sense of humor at least! As for agility, mine did the same thing w/ the teeter last fall at her 3rd trial. I think it's because the trial equip is so much lighter and faster to drop than what we train on so need to work on that alot more. Oh, and I realized right after that trial that Mata lost a front tooth!!! She had crashed a jump, and did a face plant in JWW that morning. I'm thinking she did it then so I suppose she could have been hurting that afternoon. uggghhh. She looks like she's been playing hockey. :-[

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast