Oh lah!! What are the chances!!

Thread: Oh lah!! What are the chances!!

DefaultOh lah!! What are the chances!!

So my training goals for Henery this year are to start Open work and Rally Advanced! I have a hunch he is going to enjoy Rally more.... those out-of-sight stays are going to be killer, though what little jump-work and retrieving we've done, he's loved.

I've been waiting for Marie to offer a Beginner Open class, which I knew she would have in her March session.

So, I thought, I'll sign up for RA in the meantime! Marie's Rally classes don't fit into our schedule, and I had met Cheryl Bishop at the London Canine Show in Tillsonburg last year. We finished our CD under her! Yeah! Anyway, I found out she has a training school in Kitchener and offers a Rally Advanced/Excellent class on Thursday evenings at 6:30 starting in Feb and running for 8 weeks.

Perfect!!

Marie's March/April schedule was just posted... guess when Beginner Open is?? LOL!!! Thursday evenings at 6:00!

So, I think we'll have to do a compromise... all Rally in Feb, alternating Rally and Beginner Open in March, and all Beginner Open in April!!! We're going to be busy busy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Oh lah!! What are the chances!!

Well isn't that always the way? I'm glad you've got a game plan and it sounds like you've got some worthwhile classes ahead of you.

Meghan has 4 different activities during the week and I also have agility. We used to be out 4 nights a week. Then I was able to get some things changed around so we'd only go 2 nights/wk but be really busy then one of the instructors changes the time again and we're back to 3 nights/wk. :

brody is offline Senior Member

sounds good HM

and good goals too

isn't the pace of life just crazy sometimes?

cheers
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

I would concentrate on the open stuff and not worry so much about classes for Rally. I never took any actual rally classes. You do need to get up to snuff on the new rules and stuff though. There is a new sign or two, and some new wording on old signs. Emilu and I are training for open now too. It's fun, but I can see it's going to take a while to get everything down well enough to show. I'm thinking maybe this fall again, at the same show that I started Rally at, and then Novice last year. Emilu actually likes regular obedience more I think. She just isn't her best with all that heeling that Rally takes between "things to do".

Yikes, you are driving all the way to Kitchener? OH LAH for sure! That's what? An hour, hour and a half away?

When MaryLou's barn is up you are welcome to come train with us, just rally for now!

Oooh, thanks Melissa!

I've been driving to Cambridge weekly to train with Marie, so Kitchener really isn't too much further. It takes about an hour and a bit to get to Marie's.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

That is one reason I try to keep my schedule the same. That way people know when classes are being offered and should not be a conflict.

Have fun! ;D
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Ooo, that does sound busy! You can do it though.

I think you'll enjoy Rally more Advanced is really fun. In a nerve-wracking, OMG, please don't run out of the ring (again) today kind of way. LMBO! But seriously, I think Henery will excel at both. ;D

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever