Well, it wasn't pretty.... but....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, it wasn't pretty.... but....

DefaultWell, it wasn't pretty.... but....

... we got our Q!!! And our last Novice leg!! And a first place ribbon!! WOOOOT!!!!!

I'm proud to introduce... Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, Can/Am. CD, Can/Am. RN, CGN!!!! Wooohooooo!!!

It definitely wasn't pretty. It was kinda comical. I *think* I heard chuckling.

We were at the Oakland County KC show in Detroit, and wow, what a nice setup for obedience!! Tons of room to set up crates, and even though it said no soft crates, most everyone had one anyway. Phew! Henry was in a much better mood today than he was last time we tried for leg #3.

I should have known he would have something up his furry yellow sleeve. You see, Henry decided that today was the day that he would unveil his new ring persona.

HENERY: I gotta keep my Momma on her toes, after all.

A new, bouncy, Tigger-like persona. Yep. Made for an interesting heeling pattern. Forward, heel heel heel *bounce bounce* halt. Forward, *bounce* heel heel left turn heel heel slooooooow *mini bounce* normal heel heel about turn heel heel *bounce bounce*... well, you get the idea. :

I'm sure it didn't look as bad as what I imagined it must have looked like, but for those of you who know Henry's exuberant down (two front paws way up in the air, and then he falls onto his belly), it was.... um, exuberant heeling.

So, there were only 3 registered in the class. One didn't show, so that left me and Henry, and a nice lady with an Australian Shepherd (are they the ones with no tails?). They did pretty good!!

Then came the dreaded long sits/downs. This is where we pooched it (pardon the pun) last time, when Henry broke his long down. Then we were plagued with much long-down-breaking in class. : Gulp.

We were setting up the dogs for the long sit, when the Aussie Shepherd kept taking quite a keen interest in Henry... lunging towards him (well, his butt end). The judge allowed the lady to try a few times to set her dog up, but he kept jumping at Henry, who was now hiding behind my legs and peering out at him.

HENERY:WHY does everyone like my bum so much??!!

So finally, after moving them apart quite a ways, and the Aussie still lunging, the judge decided to excuse them from the ring, and so we did the long sits and downs solo.

That was unnerving in itself... I'm not sure why, since my big worry was that Henry would break due to another dog breaking.

HENERY: Everyone was looking at me. :-\

I noticed, after I had left Henry in the down (which I really should have checked him before I left him) that he was in his sphinx down, his I-can-spring-up-at-any-second! down, not his I'm-comfy-on-my-side down.... eeeep. :-[ Those 3 minutes dragged by sooooooo slooooooowly.

But, we made it!!! WOOOOOT!!! First out of 1 ain't too bad. LOL!!!

Onward and upward to Open and Rally Advanced!!

HENERY:Finally! Now I get to jump!!! I loooove to jump!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well, it wasn't pretty.... but....

BIG CONGRATS!!!! WHOOO,WHOOOO,WHOOOO!!!!

I posted a longer reply in LC.

brody is offline Senior Member

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT Work

and way to go Henry - keeping mama on her toes
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

WAY TO GO HENERY AND FELICIA!!!!!!

How exciting!!! I can't wait to watch Henery jumping!! ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

way to go!

Awesome news! And yes, the recap I got from my instructor said he was hilariously in heel position the whole time LOL.

Hope to see you in the morning, you guys stay put and we'll find you

Oh Melissa!! I had no idea where he was (I was so afraid to look down because Marie says that just forces him to lag even more) but I could kinda see the top of his head bouncing up and down, here and there and god only knows everywhere. :-\ At one point I did lose him, and then, the judge reported, "He did find you again!". Well, at least that's something! LOL!

Melissa, that was very kind of your trainer to say that he was in heel position... LOL... maybe heel position in Novice encompasses a semi-circle with a 5 foot radius behind me (he's never forgey). LOL!! Ah well, I won't be seeing the 190s with Henry, that's for sure. :-\ But we're having a blast together!! LOL!

I wonder if judges draw straws to see who has to do Novice A?? LOL!

You'll have a long drive to come find us, we're home now!! That was our final leg.

I was chatting with the Aussie lady afterwards and she seemed relieved that we weren't going to be sticking around... she said at least she'd get a chance to do the long sits and downs!!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

CONGRATS

Come on, you couldn't just get the title - Henery wanted you to have a good STORY to tell along with the title Plus, you gotta love a dog who's having so much fun even if it causes mild heart attacks and stomach turns
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

HORRAY FOR HENRY AND FELICIA!!!!!! AMERICAN/CANADIAN CD, RN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR CD!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast