Well, it's about time...

Thread: Well, it's about time...

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultWell, it's about time...

Finally someone got smart. Around here AKC agility trials are usually run for 3 days, but on Friday it is for Masters only. The premium just was posted for the Columbia trials in April and Friday they are having ALL levels of classes. All I can say is it's about time!!! I never understood that. You rent a place for an extra day and you only run half your dogs? For me this will be a bonus as I don't get to trial a lot, so if all shows around here allow all levels on Friday, it will be like an entire extra show for me!!! WooHoo!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Well, it's about time...

When our USDAA shows have 3 days they do the same thing. I've never understood it either.

We are having a 4 day trial from Feb 29th to March 3 and it will be Excellent only on March 3rd. We will set-up on Feb 28th in the afternoon and then tear down on the 3rd so it gives us a little extra time to tear down. I could see having an Excellent only day the first day if you have to set up the rings that day and don't have access to the show grounds before that morning. It generally takes us about 4 hours to unload the trailer and set up a trial and 3-4 hours to tear it down and load it all back into the trailer. It didn't used to be so bad until they started having FAST at every trial this makes one extra set of all the contact equipment and extra jumps and tunnels etc pluss all the extra netting and tents and umbrellas chairs and electronics etc.
    Of course if they are setting up the day before I don't see any reason why they wouldn't run an all class trial all 3 or 4 days.

Kelly and Amber

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Kelly, you guys work to hard. We are having someone deliver equipment and set up our rings But only because our club has no equipment at this point. We will be holding our first trial the weekend of October 17, 18, 19

debjen is offline Senior Member

We do excellent only on friday just for the reasons stated above..we set up our rings that morning..we rent the equipment but we do the course set up and everything else..we are usually ready to start around noon...since we have our trial in October we start to lose light early evening...